Graduate Programme - Purchasing Administration
With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
Training and Development
Career development and training are of major importance to us. All employees are provided with the training and support they need to reach their full potential and to progress within the company. Structured, on-the-job training is the foundation of our training concept, giving our employees the opportunity for further development both professionally and personally. At Lidl we believe that training is the most important investment we can make in our people.
As the only City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Graduate Programme in Ireland, the Lidl Graduate Management Development Programme is a unique programme that is tailored for each graduate. Our exciting 18-month programme consists of several modules which will give graduates a full understanding of our business.
Whilst on the programme you will receive a bespoke training plan designed around your career path and current skills. You will spend some time in our stores and warehouses to gain a thorough understanding of the key business areas. The programme gives you the opportunity to enjoy both personal and professional development through on-the-job training and a blended learning approach.
The Purchasing Administration department is an exciting department that provides a key support function to the wider commercial team and indeed to the whole business.
The purchasing administration department work closely with buyers and our suppliers across the globe. They are responsible for creating contracts and sourcing product information as well as maintaining data on our live systems which enable items to be ordered from suppliers to ensure our customers leave with a full trolly.
The Purchasing Admin team is focused on efficiency and innovation. The team is working on tools that help them work smarter and help ensure that they can remain a top quality and valuable support team to their colleagues.
You will have the opportunity to work in fast paced environment, where no two days are the same! You will work on an array of different projects, both IT based projects as well as commercial projects, giving you the opportunity to see all aspects of our business. This program will allow you to work with our customs department where you will be gaining a true understanding of the retail world while reacting to marketing strategies across the globe.
- An expected or attained 2.1 Honours Level 8 degree
- Full driver’s license is required
- Flexibility to travel or relocate within Ireland is required
- Motivation and drive
- Strong personal skills
- Work experience or experience abroad
- German is an advantage but not a necessity
- €36,400 salary per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Programme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsibility for and involvement in projects with real business impact
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills and career path
- One-to-one coaching available from a qualified coach in the business
- Competency assessment days to learn about your management and leadership style and how to work best with others
- A vast array of training and development opportunities from our in-house training catalogue including Leadership Development Programmes
- Masterclasses with renowned business experts
- Director and graduate mentorship programme
- While in Dublin Head Office access to the on-site gym and canteen*
At Lidl we are committed to looking after you not only at work, but also in your personal life. This means that when it comes to your benefits package, we mean more than just the competitive salaries we offer. We have listed some below, but you can read about all of the various benefits we offer on our benefits page under Life at Lidl.
- Annual leave
- Private company health insurance
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave top up
- Sick leave
- Training and Development
- Work safe. Live well programme