DPS Group is a global engineering, consulting, and project management company, serving high-tech industries around the world. DPS delivers services for clients across the complete engineering and construction value chain including feasibility studies, concepts, consulting, architecture, engineering, procurement, construction management, commissioning, qualification and validation, as well as contingent staffing solutions.
DPS applies its extensive process engineering expertise built over 46 years, as well as significant Lean construction experience to assist clients in high end process sectors such as pharmaceuticals, biotech, and semiconductors to deliver manufacturing facilities speedily, safely and cost effectively. What sets the firm apart are the partnerships it builds with clients through a fundamental understanding of their businesses and its own agility, flexibility, original thinking, and high-calibre people. DPS has grown substantially in recent years and now employs more than 2,000 people in 18 offices and on client sites in Ireland, U.K., Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Switzerland, Israel, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, and the United States. For more information, visit www.dpsgroupglobal.com.
As Graduate Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our Project Controls Department and you will work closely with colleagues in this team and other DPS departments to deliver projects for our clients. The DPS Project Controls department operates as part of a multi-disciplinary team, serving both our Clients and internal management, in the following areas:
- Cost Management and Cost Reporting
- Estimating and Cost Planning
- Contracts Administration
- Retention of Historic Project Data.
- Scheduling and Construction Progress Reports
The Graduate Quantity Surveyor will be trained so that they will become a key asset to DPS, and SCS Chartership will be supported by DPS.
The Graduate Quantity Surveyor will be exposed to Pharmaceutical & Micro-Electronics projects both in the Engineering Office and on Project Sites, in the following phases;
- Conceptual Study
- Detail Engineering
- Commissioning and Qualification
- Close Out & Handover
The Graduate Quantity Surveyor will be expected, with guidance, to:
- Assist in the preparation of Cost Plans / Budget Estimate and Cost Reports from concept development right through detailed design to construction and commissioning.
- Assist in the preparation of tender enquiry packages for CSA, Mechanical & Electrical contracts.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of contractor tender bids
- Assist in the administration of reporting of contract packages in the field, including assessment of variations, progress measurement, assessment and agreement of final accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of Project Schedules.
- Support in the gathering and retention of historic data and benchmarking metrics
- Quantity Surveying or Construction Management related degree.
- From 0-2 years’ experience
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
Why Join DPS
Join a Great Team
On joining DPS you will be part of a team from your first day, working closely with our existing graduate and senior engineers from your Department, you will start on a journey which will see you contribute on multiple international projects as part of a global team.
Accelerate Your Career
Have the opportunity to work in a core design team, working on multiple projects for major clients - plus have an opportunity to spend at least 6 months on client sites - executing projects in real-time, as part of your graduate development. Investment in your continuous professional development is a commitment from DPS. You will participate in our structured and accredited graduate development programme, which is delivered in your first two years, where the focus is to equip you with the tools to realise your ambition and make greater impact in your role. .
Make a Difference
As you will participate on projects for the world's leading Pharma, Biotech and Advanced Technology companies, you can take pride in the fact that the facilities we create enable our clients to manufacture products that change lives.