Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Apply by: 30.06.2022
Who we are
Regal London was founded over 20 years ago with our developments reflecting the diversity, vibrancy and history of one of the most inspiring cities in the world. We have delivered successful projects across London, from Kensington to Tower Hamlets and from St Johns Wood to Clapham. We are committed to value creation and uncompromising quality across all stages of the development cycle.
Our unique integrated model and business strategy are hugely resilient. We operate across the entire life cycle of the asset, with land acquisition, planning, stakeholder engagement, sales & marketing, delivery, customer care and asset management - all managed in-house by our experienced industry professionals.
Regal London is led by a highly knowledgeable and experienced senior management team bringing a wealth of experience from all sectors of the property industry.
To learn more about us and what we do click here.
The Role - Graduate Quantity Surveyor
The main aspects, responsibilities and duties of are as follows:
- Procurement of works packages, including bills of quantities, scope of works and tender enquiry information;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports on commercial matters as and when necessary
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Dealing with all project stakeholders in a courteous efficient manner
- Work with the site teams to compile scope of works allocating work to subcontractors and suppliers;
- Drafting procurement strategies & schedules;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing and analyzing costings for tenders;
- Preparing costings form working drawings;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Buyer responsibilities;
- Placing subcontract orders / JCT contracts;
- Scheduling materials / placing material orders;
- Cost comparisons;
- Pre-start and on-going meetings with subcontractors (on-site to review work);
- Monthly subcontractor valuations / payments , issuing payment and payless notices as appropriate;
- Maintaining a risk/opportunities schedule that assesses matters yet to be reported in cost reports
- Liaison with external PQS / banks; and
- From time to time any other tasks or functions that the Company consider necessary in the performance of the Client’s and Regal Homes Objectives.
Salary and benefits
- Pension through The People’s Pension
- Group Life Assurance
- Group Critical Illness Cover
- Group Private Medical Insurance
Preferred Degree Subjects
Annual discretionary bonus