Graduate Surveyor - Clúid Housing Ireland
Apply by: 26.08.2022
Role title: Graduate Surveyor, Asset Management & Property Services.
Location: Sheriff Street Upper, D01 R8N0. There is a possibility for this role to be located in Cork/ Galway. Remote working will also form a part of this role (with regular travel around the country).
Duration: Initial 12-month contract with the aim of progressing to permanency within Clúid Housing Ireland on successful completion of the Graduate Programme (subject to performance).
Hours: 35 hours per week, full-time, Monday to Friday.
Remuneration : €30,000 with 22 days Annual Leave (+ 3 designated days Christmas week).
To Apply : Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com (in word doc format only – no PDFs) before 5pm on Friday, August 26th, 2022 .
The successful candidate for this role will participate in the For Purpose Graduate Programme.
For Purpose Graduate Programme
For Purpose is Ireland’s nonprofit graduate programme. We connect talented graduates who are looking to make a real impact in their careers with organisations across the nonprofit sector.
Graduate trainees on the For Purpose programme receive one-to-one mentoring and support throughout their traineeship. The programme provides you with the skills and development opportunities to start your career in the nonprofit sector and build your potential.
Clúid Housing Ireland
Clúid Housing is the largest approved housing body (AHB) in Ireland, providing over 9,000 affordable, high-quality homes to people in housing need. Our vision is for a society where everyone has a great place to live. This will be achieved by providing quality housing and services to enable people to create homes and thriving communities.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland. At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland. Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism, and respect to our business. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Clúid Housing Ireland is seeking to add a Graduate Surveyor to its Asset Management and Property Services Team. The position will report to Building Surveyor Manager and will be based in one of our Regional Offices but with significant travel across the country expected. After an initial period of two years understudy [satisfactory performance], this Graduate Surveyor’s role may transition to a more senior Property Surveyor role within Clúid. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate, looking to start a career with an approved housing body, learn from sector experts and progress on a career track.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Graduate Surveyor will include:
- Act as understudy to Clúids Property Surveyors.
- Undertake stock condition surveys on a range of properties according to a predetermined programme
- Verify current stock condition of the properties and identify all necessary attribute information.
- Populate and update the management information system accordingly
- Validate all asset related data currently held
- Assist Property Surveyors in carrying out a range of other core surveying duties to include structural surveys, snag lists, defects inspections, tendering, etc.
- Inspect and prepare reports / specifications on defects and other property condition issues including tendering and contract supervision
- Support and offer advice to local Housing Officers and Clann scheme based staff
- Assist in the procurement and management of the planned programme and ad hoc minor refurbishment / repair works
- Assist in the preparation of cyclical programmes, planned programmes and service contracts tenders.
- Provide support to the Regional Building Surveying Managers as required
Attend training appropriate to your role and ensure continuing professional
Do you fit the profile we are looking for?
- NFQ Level 8 Degree in Building Surveying, Surveying, Engineering, Architecture or related area
- Specialist role related knowledge, especially building surveying, contract management and building pathology
- Knowledge of Building Regulations, Fire Regulations, Housing Regulations and planning Act.
- Awareness of commercial matters.
- Proficient IT skills [MS Office]
- Strong project management skills.
- Organisational skills: ability to handle a number of deadlines across multiple instructions concurrently.
- Self-motivation, and the ability to manage own workload.
Strong communication skills – verbal and written, report writing,
- Flexible approach to work.
- Membership or eligibility for membership of RICS or SCSI.
- Class B Irish Drivers Licence.
- Full permission to work in Ireland.
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent and continuous training
- Development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
This job description is not a definitive list of tasks; rather it is designed to give an overview of the job. It is envisaged that the post-holder will use their own initiative and develop the job under guidance so that the organisations aims are achieved.
If your ambition is to work in the nonprofit sector with an organisation committed to social housing, then we would like to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022 .
To apply, please send your CV and a succinct cover letter (in word document format only) to us via the link below!
For more information see https://www.cluid.ie/
For more information on the For Purpose Graduate Programme see https://forpurpose.ie/
Preferred Degree Subjects
Architecture and Town planning