As one of our trainees, you can play a major part in our ongoing success story. From early on in your time with us, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and real responsibilities, whilst receiving support for your professional qualification.
We are now looking to recruit Trainee Certified Accountants in our Film and TV fee-earning group to start as soon as possible. The group specialises in the Creative Industries with many high profile film, television and video games clients. Our trainees work on a varied client base in an audit and accounting role.
Please apply here if you are looking for a 3 year ACCA training contract on completion of your University studies.
(Please note: we do allow for ACCA exemptions)
If you are unsure on the grade requirements or struggle to submit an application, please email your CV to Grad.Rec@saffery.com FAO Annabel Leach.
Qualifying is not just about passing your exams; gaining valuable work experience is of equal importance. You will work in a friendly and progressive environment, within teams of varying sizes on audits and accounts preparation assignments.
There are many factors to consider when reviewing files, and we will introduce you to each part as you progress through your training contract. You will learn what information you need from a client and be trusted to liaise directly with them as required. You may start with audit testing of simpler balances within financial statements, such as Cash and Share Capital, and then progress to Income and Expenditure testing, involving detailed reviews of production service agreements and contracts of cast and crew members. By the end of your 3 years, you will be comfortable handling audit files independently preparing you for progression to Audit Senior.
As well as exciting client work, we offer excellent training and support for your studies. We use first-class tuition centres, alongside our own internally developed technical training programmes, to help you prepare for your examinations. This is supported by our dedicated training team who will monitor your progress throughout your studies. We promise to enable and empower you to develop personally and professionally throughout your career with us, ensuring future success as a trusted adviser to our clients.
- 2:1 degree (expected or obtained in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Minimum B/Higher Merit in GCSE/Junior Certificate English and Maths (or equivalent)
- We offer a 3 year training contract to our trainees with a view to becoming an ACCA qualified accountant.
Located on St Stephens Green in Dublin the Film and TV team has grown from eleven to fifteen and are currently looking to further grow their offering. The team service over 70% of the Irish film and TV market including significant inward investment projects, working regularly with Netflix, Disney, Lucasfilm, Apple etc.
We are looking for individuals who share our values – those who are Collegiate and Enthusiastic, act with Integrity and strive for Excellence. The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset. We welcome people with a diverse range of skills who thrive when working in close knit teams and are willing to go the extra mile for clients.
You should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and strive for high quality in everything you do. In addition, you should have an awareness of the wider economic context that our clients operate in, demonstrating your commercial awareness.
We expect our prospective trainees to have gained a thorough understanding of what the exams will involve, so please ensure that you have researched the ACCA qualification thoroughly and can convince us that you know what’s involved and the personal commitment that will be required.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm, in line with the firm’s comprehensive agile working policy.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
- Paid study leave (typically 6 weeks per year)
- Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year, subject to staff partner approval.
- Working from home allowance of €27 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Salary reviews annually in October.
- Six-month probationary period.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary,
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)