Irish Distillers is Ireland’s leading supplier of spirits and wines and makers of some of the world’s most well-known and successful Irish whiskeys. Our brands are driving the global renaissance of Irish whiskey and are exported to over 130 markets across the globe. We are located across 5 locations in Ireland across Cork, Dublin and Belfast. At the core of everything we do is a passion for our craft, a commitment to sustainability and an ambition to create drinks that can be enjoyed the world over.
At Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard, a love of conviviality unites us. Our spirit is guided by our values. We believe great things happen when Real, Remarkable and Responsible come together. Irish Distillers joined Pernod Ricard in 1988, gaining access to unprecedented levels of investment and an extensive global distribution network. Pernod Ricard is the No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirits which are distributed across 160+ markets
Great employees are key to our success and our HR Operations team play a key part in supporting their journey within Irish Distillers Pernod Ricard. Reporting to the HR Operations Specialist, the HR Operations Assistant will be key part of our HR Team, established to streamline systems, processes and providing first point of contact to employees for general policy, procedure, and HR system queries across all our locations.
The work of the HR Operations Assistant will be critical to enhancing our employee experience. Key to success will be strong organisation skills, excellent multi-tasking skills and the ability to proactively use your initiative in this busy and varied role.
- Deliver top-class customer service to our employee, people manager and internal HR teams requests via our centralised database, mailbox, and live chat.
- Support our Talent Acquisition team in providing a positive candidate experience.
- Ensuring a smooth onboarding process for new employees entering the organisation from contract generation, through pre-employment screening to the successful completion of their onboarding.
- Support our colleagues at each stage of their employee lifecycle via query resolution and the preparation & issuing of related documentation & letters.
- Monitor and process leave requests in line with our organisations policies e.g., Maternity, Parental, Parents Leave etc.
- Ensure a high quality of data via the maintenance of our HR Systems (Workday, COREHR), documentation, reporting and compliance requirements.
- Provide key insights into our employee population via reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for the administration and processing of our suite of employee benefits.
- Own the offboarding process ensuring a smooth transition for our employees exiting the organisation.
- Identify opportunities for the development and optimisation of HR activities to ensure a best in class service to the organisation.
- Actively get involved in wider HR team projects and employee initiatives.
What we’re looking for
- 1-2 years’ experience in a HR administration role. Experience in HR Shared Services environment desirable.
- Level 7 or 8 third level qualification and/ or CIPD preferred but not essential.
- Excellent administrative skills with the ability to set-up and maintain appropriate work systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team.
- Experience in working with HR systems & technologies. Knowledge and experience of Workday & COREHR desirable.
- Personable, highly organised, self-motivated with great attention to detail.
- Focus on data quality with the ability to identify, challenge and correct inaccuracies.
- Self-driven and naturally able to recognise and flag problems before they arise.
- Ability to handle highly confidential matters and act with discretion.
- Able to work well under pressure, occasionally within short time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills (must be a fluent English speaker).
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Life at IDL
At Irish Distillers, we live and love whiskey. Our shared spirit is guided by our values. Because special things happen when Real, Remarkable and Responsible people come together. We’re proud to be part of the Irish Distillers and Pernod Ricard family, and the magic moments we create through our brands.
Our culture is a blend of curiosity and craic, where everyone can be author of their own verse. Our enthusiasm for what we do is infectious. The spirit we share gives us purpose and makes life at Irish Distillers special. And what’s life without a little spirit?
What we offer
- Hybrid working; a blended working arrangement of up to 3 days a week working from where you work best
- Profit share: an annual profit share scheme to reward your contribution to the company’s success.
- Allowance: an annual allowance to spend on our portfolio of products and merchandise, for you to enjoy responsibly.
- People Development: We enable continuous development for our people at every stage of their careers through our people development, online learning, and leadership training programmes.
- Family leave: fully paid maternity, parent and paternity leave, allowing you spend precious time with your new family member
- Parental Support: Our ‘Reconnect’ programme includes access to a workplace parenting coach, a phased return to work and a supportive environment for new parents
- Health & Wellbeing; Our Wellbeing Programme “THRIVE” supports employees across the three main pillars: Life, Body and Mind
- Charity Days: up to 2 days paid leave every year to volunteer at a charity of their choice
Like a well-blended whiskey, we believe that diverse perspectives make us better and we welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences to create together the spirit that makes us great.