Who we are?
At ESB, we believe that electricity is an enabler of societal and economic well-being and that every citizen should have access to secure, sustainable, and affordable electricity supplies. We are harnessing all our resources for a brighter future, investing in our people, and working collaboratively with partners to enhance the lives of our customers, drive economic progress and bring about a more sustainable future.
A committed workforce of more than 7,000 people in diverse and high-skill business units, our staff have a proud tradition of providing customer service, often in challenging conditions. This commitment has been there since our foundation almost 90 years ago and continues to inspire us in our mission to bring sustainable and competitive energy solutions to all our customers.
- Contribute to diverse HR functions, including but not limited to Organization Development, Employee Relations, Compensation & Benefits, Performance Management, Capability & Resource Assurance, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, and Business Partner Support Roles.
- Collaborate with a motivated and skilled HR team, delivering results in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment.
- Develop professionally and acquire the skills necessary for a successful HR career.
Location and Remote Work:
ESB's HR department is primarily based at ESB's Head Office in Dublin.
ESB is a founding member of The Remote Alliance, an initiative established in partnership with Grow Remote, a social enterprise. As part of this alliance, we are dedicated to devising sustainable solutions for remote and hybrid work arrangements that align with our business goals.
Qualifications and Skills:
To succeed in this role, you should possess
- A minimum 2.1 Honours Degree (or be working towards one) in Business Studies or Human Resource Management degree.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with colleagues, stakeholders, and employees.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in HR processes and documentation.
- Effective time management skills, allowing you to handle multiple tasks and priorities efficiently.
- Problem-solving ability to address HR-related challenges and contribute to effective solutions.
- Proven capability in delivering results and achieving set objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
This is a fixed-term contract position, offering valuable experience and exposure within ESB's HR function.