Have you ever wanted to make a difference?
At Abbott, you will play a crucial role to help people live more fully at all stages of their lives. Abbott is a global healthcare leader, and our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional products and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues have a daily impact on the life of people in more than 160 countries.
In Ireland, Abbott employs over 5,000 people across nine sites. We currently have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott also has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been making a difference in the lives of Irish people since 1946.
As an Engineering Student you will gain:
- Hands on Experience while promoting your personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to work on meaningful projects alongside STEM professionals.
- Take part in the Abbott mentoring program.
- Access to a wider network of interns across EMEA.
- Work and network with professionals from all segments across the company.
- Have the chance to join different programs to help build your network such as the Campus Ambassadors Program and Social Media Campaigns.
- Career guidance and insight into Abbott opportunities after Graduation.
What are we looking for?
Eligible applicants should be:
- Pursuing a third level Undergraduate or Post Graduate Engineering Qualification ideally in Automation, Robotics, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical & Biomedical.
- Excellent communicators, team players and Innovators
- Passionate about STEM and interested in pursuing a career in a STEM environment
- Candidates should be striving towards a 2.1 Grade in their degree course
- Available to commence a 9 or 12 month placement in 2024
- Flexibility to be based at Abbott Diabetes Care Kilkenny
We are currently sourcing Internship Applications across all our sites in Ireland and students. To support our diverse businesses assignments, as an Engineering Internship / Placement with Abbott Ireland could involve working in Business Excellence, Mechanical Engineering , Instrumentation Engineering, Validation, Manufacturing, Facilities, Projects, Supply Chain, Business Excellence and Research and Development areas.
Would you like to join our Award winning Internship Programme?
Abbott Ireland is an equal opportunities employer