Internship - Quant Strategist - VCMM (2022)
Quantitative Strategist Internship
Virtu's internship program offers graduate students an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the firm and the world’s financial markets. We have built a thoughtful and challenging curriculum with projects that introduce students to the many complex and ever-changing problems to solve. Students can expect a company-curated global training week for our interns, real quantitative problems to solve throughout the program and engaging social events to get to know our team and culture.
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Dates: 10 week program, starting June 6th 2022 through August 12th 2022 (with some flexibility if needed).
- Training: Ongoing training throughout the summer.
- Projects: Real problems to solve throughout the program. Interns will work from a list of projects and have several senior mentors throughout the summer program.
Our Quantitative Strategists and Researchers are an integral part of the algorithmic research team, working to improve Virtu's trading algorithms through transforming large data sets into usable trading models. Successful quantitative researchers work well independently and collaboratively, enjoy learning and applying new algorithmic techniques, and are excited to see their ideas turn into tangible results.
Interns will work directly with senior members of the team on our trading strategies used in Virtu's customer market making business. Interns in this track will apply their quantitative analysis and research skills to discover patterns that can potentially improve our trading algorithms. Through these projects, interns will learn about Virtu's market making business, learn to apply basic data analysis tools to large trading data sets and be pushed to think out of the box for trading ideas. Each intern will complete one to two projects which could come from different mentors and groups.
- Advanced degree (preferably PhD) in Science, Math, Engineering or other quantitative field
- History of diverse, challenging, and interesting coursework paired with a strong GPA
- Exceptional quantitative, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and the ability to collaborate with peers
- Ability to solve technical and or quantitative problems under pressure
- Ability to express ideas mathematically and algorithmically
- Strong programming skills (especially C/C++ and Python, Pandas)
- Intellectually curious and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate within and across teams, at a high and low level, on both technical and non-technical subjects
- Ability to seek guidance and learn new skills from peers
- Extraordinary mental flexibility and a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Strong drive for success within a collaborative team
- Interest in financial markets
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December
After applicants pass an initial resume screening, an online programming test will be sent via email. This test is from a service called Codility so please be on the lookout. After passing the programming test, we will contact you to arrange a phone screen. We looking forward to meeting you!
Virtu Financial is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT
Maths and related
Science and Research