Develop Android-based smart ticket machine products in a demanding environment.
Learn how the electronic payments are applied to the ticketing industry in Transportation. Integrate with the national Card Schema in Ireland, Germany and the UK.
Develop and support Visa and Mastercard Payments on Transport and Ticketing.
Design and development of leading-edge smart ticketing applications on Android, following the Agile-based software lifecycles, to ensure successful introduction of new Electronic Ticketing Machines into production and end customers, including:
- Lead low-level Android and embedded Linux developer in the team, working alongside Android Application and Enterprise Java developers.
- Learn how to Create detailed technical specifications.
- Collaborate with European-based development teams.
- Complying with company’s quality procedures to meet expectations of product quality and reliability.
- Working closely with the mechanical and electronics development teams to ensure products achieve the highest standards.
- Where necessary, to provide reasonable support to other departments within the company.
- Learn how the Card Payments are integrated
- Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and development techniques.
- Motivated and flexible individual who is able to work to deadlines when under pressure.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of business and commercial issues within a market driven organisation.
- Ability to take project lead on assigned projects.
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Great academic record.
- Knowledge of Android and Java
- Good knowledge of Processes, threads, IPC, file systems on Android/Linux.
- Object oriented design and design patterns.
- Good knowledge about Security
- Relational databases (MySQL and SQLite)
- Network programming: TCP/IP, sockets, HTTP, XMPP
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols (I2C, SPI, RS232)
- Payment card schemes (credit/Chip & PIN, ISO7816, contactless card schemes, etc.)
- Secure operating systems (SELinux)
Health & Safety Statement
Under the health & Safety at work Act, each individual has a legal responsibility for their own welfare and for the health and safety of others. Any queries you may have relating to health & safety matters should be raised in the first instance with your supervisor, your manager or a member of Human Resources Department.
Equal Opportunities Statement
MetricTristarInc is an Equal Opportunities Employer and will promote regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, religion, beliefs, colour, race, nationality, gender reassignment, ethnic or national origin.
Our aim is to ensure that no job application or employee received less favourable treatment or is disadvantaged by employment conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT