Junior Automation Engineer
The Automation Engineer works under the direction of the Automation Manager and also utilise independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Primarily piping assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems). Primary responsibility involves generating design plans utilising Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software. This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with the ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME BPE Bioprocessing Equipment design standards.
- Interface with customer and ensure customer satisfaction. (Travel as requested)
- Executes quality management plan in accordance with quality standards.
- Defines automation scope of work and develops all required specifications.
- Estimates automation hardware, software, and manpower requirements.
- Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and software efforts to ensure compliance.
- Assists with Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
- Supports Field Services with respect to automation needs both planned and unscheduled.
- Maintain organized project and/or software records.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Honours Degree (Level 8) in Electrical or Automation Engineering or related discipline.
- Some automation systems experience an advantage.
- RSLogix and FTView Studio experience knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of current automation and control systems design, development, and programming from scope and P&ID framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task across functional groups.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
ABEC has been a leading supplier to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry for over 45 years. ABEC’s unique value is based on combining long experience with the ability to engineer, design, manufacture, commission, qualify, and service the entire bioprocess to reduce overall cost, shorten time to market, and maximise productivity. ABEC’s products include process and equipment engineering/consulting services, comprehensive site services, bioreactors and fermenters, filtration and chromatography systems, prep and hold systems, and cleaning/sterilisation systems.