Ireland + 3
We are Kerry, the Taste & Nutrition company. We understand that consumers want delicious products made from trusted, authentic foods and flavours . Every day millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing our taste and nutrition solutions. We add protein to your post workout shake, we reduce sugar, while maintaining great taste and we have the know–how to replace the "baddies" in foods with wholesome ingredients. Join us and be part of the future of food.
- Republic of Ireland
- Northern Ireland
- United Kingdom
*Please be advised that the business will consider you for all locations on application for this graduate position and locations are subject to change at any stage of the recruitment lifecycle. Kerry's Graduate Programme operates on the basis that candidates are globally mobile*.
Kerry is the world’s leading taste and nutrition partner for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. We innovate with our customers to create great tasting products, with improved nutrition and functionality, while ensuring better impact for the planet. Our leading and proprietary consumer insights, global RD&A team of 1,000+ food scientists and local manufacturing footprint in 31 countries enable us to co-create with our customers across over 150 countries. At Kerry, we are driven to be our customers’ most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition, and will reach over 2 billion consumers with sustainable nutrition solutions by 2030.
As an Operations Graduate, you will co-ordinate and drive the delivery of operational targets, initiatives and improvements at one of our manufacturing facilities. You will be required to support department managers in delivering factory performance improvements through the facilitation of Site teams using lean tools and techniques. Initially with a very hand on approach to developing capability and leadership skills, you will develop into a People Manager with potential Shift Management responsibility. You will have specific project tasks related to driving the introduction of aspects of strategic change as the business continues to grow. Your direct line manager will be the Production Manager, but you may also receive instruction from the Operations Manager or other Managers as appropriate. You will have real opportunity to engage right across the business and make a difference early in your career. You will be supported and work alongside one of the most experienced food manufacturing teams in the world.
- Support the Site Strategic Agenda and the successful implementation and maintenance of the Kerry Manufacturing Standard (Site Audit Standard)
- Identify, manage, and execute initiatives to deliver significant improvements in the areas of: Safety, Quality, Delivery / Service, Operating efficiency, People Management, Materials control and efficiency
- Facilitate and support management teams (and other teams) involved in major transformational projects (e.g. re-engineering the major Site business processes)
- Ensure all direct reports are fully trained and equipped with the necessary skills to operate in an environment that promotes safety and well-being.
- Support site programmes to ensure the effective training and deployment of the principles, projects, tools and techniques (as appropriate) and KPIs etc.
- Maintain awareness of best practice and modern improvement techniques
- Ensure familiarity is achieved with Kerry’s preferred method of problem solving (root cause, 8 steps etc.)
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Food Science Technology, Process Engineering, Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
- Fluency in a second European language is desirable and advantageous
- Fluency in Spanish is required for the roles in Madrid and Seville
- Demonstrate a clear experience of successful leadership in their academic and non-academic development.
- Demonstrates a passion for Food.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proven record of delivering on projects and achievement of results
- Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and on your own
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Willingness to travel or relocate across the global Kerry organisation is a key requirement
Joining us means being supported by, and learning from, talented people who really care about what they do. You’ll get bags of responsibility early on, and we’ll be open to your ideas. And because we’re always looking to the future, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Our current CEO joined us as a grad. How far will you go?
Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Mainland Europe
Preferred Degree Subjects
Food and Nutrition
Manufacturing Engineering and related
Mechanical Engineering and related