Corporate Finance - Infrastructure & Government
KPMG’s Infrastructure & Government practice is a leading advisor in the Irish market, advising on infrastructure investment across the lifecycle, from strategy, financing, procurement, project delivery and operations. We have been at the forefront of providing commercial, financial, procurement, and asset management advice on government and infrastructure projects across the island of Ireland for over 20 years.
Our diverse team of professionals includes accountants, financial managers, engineers, quantity surveyors, economists and project managers. We work with both public and private sector clients to provide advice on funding, procurement and capital structuring of major infrastructure investments such as new hospitals, smart meter deployment and sustainable transport investment. x
We develop Public Spending Code compliant business cases in order to help government bodies and developers understand the underlying economic impacts of a potential project or programme. In the public sector we support and provide expertise on running a fair and transparent procurement process. In the private sector we advise bidders in preparing and pricing for a winning bid.
The team is expertly positioned to help infrastructure owners and operators understand the lifecycle cost of managing their assets in transport and energy sectors. In these sectors, understanding the impact of longer-term investment and delivering value for society helps to drive funding. We are leaders in developing measures that inform the investment decisions beyond the financial case.
Coupled with this we advise on the necessary regulatory framework to incentivize long-term benefits and the governance structures best suited to achieve the return of investment in terms of ‘value for money’; balancing financial, economic and societal benefits.
The team supports project delivery and develops operational models to help day-to-day project management and monitoring, ensuring project delivery is on track – to time and budget. We advise clients on the skills and capabilities needed to complete major programmes through from concept to construction with a handover to an owner entity ready to manage and operate the assets.
The work you do influences the decisions of key government policies and major infrastructure investments that can often change how public entities and private businesses collaborate to deliver Irelands future infrastructure needs.
The skills and training we provide will support you in becoming a key business advisor.
Working in Corporate Finance offers you experience in the following areas:
- Financing infrastructure with public funds and private debt and equity.
- Advising on public and private infrastructure projects.
- Advising clients on commercial strategies, procurement models and managing the tendering process.
- Developing businesses cases with cost benefit analysis to define value in terms of wider benefits to complement the financial case.
- Working with infrastructure owners (water, transport, energy) to transition as a business to evolving government polies and 2050 climate targets.
- KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice offers excellent development opportunities.
- Your individual training plan, combined with on-the-job interaction and exposure to leading professionals in the business community, will help fulfil your career aspirations.
We hire circa 470 graduates each year from all degree disciplines to become Chartered Accountants and Consultants. Our graduates receive the best training from the award-winning KPMG Business School and work with a team of top professionals advising clients from all industry sectors.
With over 4,300 employees in Ireland, you will be joining Ireland’s largest and most successful professional services firm. Our graduates will become business leaders, and many will pursue the ACA qualification. We have the best professional exam results in the country and we invest €15.6 million per year in graduate-dedicated support and training.
We are the No.1 professional services firm in Ireland.
Why Choose KPMG?
We take responsibility to ensure that you excel in your professional exams. Each year we invest €15 million in our employee training programme. Our exceptional success rate in the ACA exams is testament to this. Our best-in-class exam pass rate is 10% to 30% better than the national average and we consistently have many of our employees placed in the top ten results in the country.
We offer a competitive remuneration package alongside a range of financial and non-financial rewards, some of which include:
- Flexible Friday initiative early finish in June, July and August
- 3pm finish each Friday before bank holiday weekends
- Working on a hybrid and flexible basis, splitting your time between home, office and client sites, with flexible start and finish times
- 23 holidays per year with the option to purchase up to 7 additional days
- Personalised support with our one-to-one buddy system
- Opportunity to travel overseas through our Global Opportunities Programme
- Employee discount scheme and corporate offers e.g. gym membership
- Wellbeing initiatives including yoga, meditation and cook-alongs • Regular seminars on wellness-related topics e.g. exercise, diet, mental health
- Free KPMG digital doctor service
- Opportunity to engage in volunteering activities which allow you to make a real difference to communities and individuals through our Corporate Citizenship Programme
At KPMG we live by the key principle to be an environmental leader. KPMG are one of eleven companies in Ireland to commit to being net zero carbon emissions by 2030. Since 2010, we have reduced our carbon emissions by 73% and are currently running on 100% renewable energy.
We place Diversity & Inclusion at the core of our business. One of our key values is to ‘Come As You Are’ to work. We believe being inclusive and having a diverse workforce is key to our success.
- KPMG is the winner of gradireland Graduate Employer of the year 2021 and 2023.
- Best Graduate Training & Development Programme 2022 and 2023.
- Best Internship Programme of the Year 2021 & 2022.
- Best Graduate Recruitment Website 2022 and 2023.
- Best Student Marketing Campaign 2022.
- #2 Innovation in Graduate Recruitment 2022.
- Listed in The Universum Most Attractive Employer for business students in Ireland 2019 – 2022.