Corporate Finance - Sustainable Futures
KPMG hires talented and ambitious graduates from all degree disciplines who join the firm on our Graduate Programmes. We have opportunities in our Corporate Finance Practice, and we are keen to hear from graduates wishing to join Ireland’s leading professional services firm.
We are seeking ambitious, forward thinking, high-achievers seeking continued growth and progression. If you are looking for a challenging career and the opportunity to work on interesting projects with the most successful Irish and international organisations, then a career as a graduate in KPMG can help you achieve your ambition.
We hire 470 graduates each year from all degree disciplines that receive the best training from the award-winning KPMG Business School and work with a team of top professionals advising clients from all industry sectors.
Our 118+ partners and 4,300 employees in Ireland want you to achieve the very best in your career. All of our graduates will become business leaders of tomorrow. We invest €15.6 million per year in our KPMG Business School to offer dedicated support and training.
We are the No.1 professional services firm in Ireland with revenues of €500 million and our clients spanning every industry sector.
As the leading business advisory firm, KPMG can offer you the combination of exceptional training, an outstanding list of clients and great colleagues to work with. At KPMG we want you to succeed in developing a career as a successful business adviser in a friendly, challenging and supportive environment and become a business leader of tomorrow.
About KPMG's Sustainable Futures (Corporate Finance) Department
As the largest ESG advisory practice in Ireland, we work on a wide variety of ESG projects across all sectors of industry in Ireland. Due to unprecedented demand and supporting KPMG’s global commitment to investing €1.5b in developing ESG advisory capacity from 2022-2025, KPMG Sustainable Futures is currently looking to fill a number of positions in our Climate Risk and ESG Strategy teams.
We are looking for analysts across a number of our service offerings to support engagements related to ESG Strategy, Climate Risk, Sustainable Finance, Biodiversity and Natural Capital and Energy Advisory. Sustainable Futures a growing team with a significant depth of knowledge and an innovative approach to client solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior professional looking to build upon their studies and experience to make an impact in the global transition to a low carbon future.
Your responsibilities and achievements will evolve as you enhance your career with us. Here is what you can initially expect:
- Supporting the delivery of client work by conducting research on clients, industries, and markets trends; analysing client documentation and identifying improvement opportunities; synthesising research findings into key themes and analysing information to develop conclusions; preparing client deliverables, such as written reports, presentations, or spreadsheet models; and participating in client meetings and workshops
- Application and ongoing development of KPMG tools and methodologies
- Taking responsibility for smaller projects, working either independently or leading a small team, structuring their work, conducting reviews, providing feedback and reporting on progress to the project leaders
- Assisting in general business development tasks and marketing and supporting the development and growth of service lines
- Continuous professional development, keeping up to date on relevant topics and skills via training courses organised by the KPMG Business School
- Developing strong relationships with internal colleagues and our clients
KPMG Sustainable Futures is a dedicated cross-functional team of experts who help corporates and public sector clients respond to the ESG agenda, including decarbonisation and integrated climate and nature transition plan strategies.
The team brings together a wide range of disciplines including sustainability practitioners, economists, engineers, corporate strategists, carbon experts, accountants, academics and financiers to help clients navigate the complex and fast-evolving climate change and ESG agenda.
You can find out more in Our Brochure
A snapshot of your peer group:
- 0-3 years of experience in consulting or corporate environment, experience in sustainability, sustainable finance, renewables (solar, wind, biogas, geothermal), future fuels (hydrogen, green ammonia), climate change risk and adaptation, decarbonisation
- Understanding of key decarbonisation and energy systems trends in Ireland and the EU, from regulations to public commitments and impacts of the energy transition and climate on both corporate entities and financial portfolios
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, comfort working with numbers / quantitative models and demonstrate critical thinking
- Superb written and oral communication skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong people skills to work collaboratively in a team environment and working effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Demonstrate confidence in conducting independent work and pride for excellence and quality
- Demonstrate growth mindset, ambition to develop professional knowledge and skills with a steep learning curve
To join KPMG, please apply via our website www.kpmg.ie/careers and complete an online application form.
- KPMG is the winner of gradireland Graduate Employer of the year 2021 and 2023.
- Best Graduate Training & Development Programme 2022 and 2023.
- Best Internship Programme of the Year 2021 & 2022.
- Best Graduate Recruitment Website 2022 and 2023.
- Best Student Marketing Campaign 2022.
- #2 Innovation in Graduate Recruitment 2022.
- Listed in The Universum Most Attractive Employer for business students in Ireland 2019 – 2022.