KPMG hires talented and ambitious graduates from all degree disciplines to join the firm on our Graduate Programmes. We have opportunities in Risk Management and are keen to hear from graduates in their final year of their degree wishing to join Ireland’s leading professional services firm in Cork.
We are seeking ambitious, forward thinking, high-achievers looking for continued growth and progression. If you are looking for a challenging career and the opportunity to work on interesting projects with the most successful Irish and international organisations, then a career as a graduate in KPMG can help you achieve your ambition. If you are organised, diligent and enjoy operating business processes but are unsure if accounting day to day is for you, this role in risk management will give you the variety you are looking for.
KPMG hires 400 graduates each year from all degree disciplines to: become a Chartered Accountant, receive the best training from the award-winning KPMG Business School and work with a team of top professionals advising clients from all industry sectors.
Our 100+ partners and 3,500 employees in Ireland want you to achieve the very best in your career. All of our graduates will become business leaders of tomorrow while pursuing the ACA qualification. We have the best professional exam results in the country and we invest €5.5 million per year in our KPMG Business School to offer dedicated support and training.
Our Audit and Assurance practice is the first choice of over 40% of Irish listed companies and has over €114 million in revenue. We Audit over 32% of the top 100 companies in Ireland. As the leading business advisory firm, KPMG can offer you the combination of exceptional training, an outstanding list of clients and great colleagues to work with. At KPMG we want you to succeed in developing a career as a successful business adviser in a friendly, challenging and supportive environment and become a business leader of tomorrow.
About KPMG Risk Management
Risk Management, internal audit monitoring and regulatory compliance are essential for the operation of any business. Risk Management works to support Audit, Tax, Deal Advisory and Consulting engagement teams to deliver services to clients. It protects and enhances the KPMG brand and reputation, enabling the performance of consistent, high-quality work, and finding the right balance between managing risk and enabling our business, which is essential to developing appropriate policies and processes.
In addition, we monitor our system of quality control by designing effective compliance review programmes. The firm has a number of systems to facilitate compliance with policies.
Your work will be varied. You would work as part of a team of other trainees and managers to:
- Deliver the results of testing of a prescribed compliance work programme, executing procedures and communicating results to engagement teams;
- Respond to queries and advise teams in audit, tax, deal advisory and consulting on the steps they need to take to comply with the firm’s policies and procedures;
- Work with the business to develop, implement and monitor appropriate global and local risk compliance policies and procedures through alerts, line of business visits and training;
- Draft, update and implement action plans to address non-compliance with controls and reporting on compliance issues and findings;
- Support the business to identify opportunities to strengthen the control environment where weaknesses are identified in compliance testing
- Liaise with quality and risk teams across the KPMG global network to obtain pre-approvals to work on cross-border engagements and manage commercial conflicts;
- Assist with compliance visits and reviewing compliance data for the firm’s leadership and external regulators;
- Monitor emerging developments in the ethical standards, audit & accounting standards, and other relevant legislation and regulations such as Company Law and GDPR changes;
- Implement the new standard of quality control ISQM1 and the relevant controls within the risk management business unit;
- Work on ad-hoc projects as they arise;
Training with the KPMG Business School
We recognise that on joining us, one of your main objectives will be achieving your first professional qualification. We take our responsibility to ensure that you excel in your professional exams extremely seriously – our exceptional success rate in the ACA exams is a testament to this. Our exam pass rate is 10% to 30% better than the national average and we consistently have many of our employees placed in the top ten results in the country.
We believe that training is about much more than preparing you for your professional exams; it is about preparing you for a career as a professional business advisor, through on-the-job development and relevant formal training programmes.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click here.
To join KPMG, please apply via our website using the link below and complete an online application form.
KPMG is the proud winner of:
- gradireland Graduate Employer of the Year 2021
- gradireland Best Internship Award 2021
- Listed in The Universum Most Attractive Employer for business students in Ireland 2019 – 2021
- gradireland Best Training and Development Programme 2020
- gradireland Most Popular Graduate Employer in Accountancy & Professional Services 2020