What Are We Looking for in a Graduate?
We are looking for hardworking graduates – ready to join an organisation that puts our customers & our people at the heart of everything we do. You must embrace teamwork and be able to work with experienced colleagues to deliver innovative solutions to complex business challenges & opportunities. You are excited by this opportunity and have a strong desire to join a growing business that is leading the way in sustainability.
Who are AIB?
AIB is an employer that you can believe in. Our purpose is grounded in backing customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. We back our people to thrive in a welcoming and professional environment and help them to exceed their professional goals. A career with AIB offers a breadth of opportunities that will help propel your career in whatever direction you choose.
Here at AIB, we are very proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We pride ourselves on being the first bank in Ireland to receive the Investors in Diversity Gold Standard accreditation from the Irish Centre for Diversity. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees. Should you have a reasonable accommodation request, please email our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a call or to correspond directly by email.
About our Graduate Programme
Graduate Training and Development forms part of our overall programme and has been designed to help you develop the necessary behaviours to grow and progress throughout the programme and beyond. We offer agility across different areas and different roles, providing you with plenty of opportunities to build your network across the organisation.
Our Legal, CG and CC&O Teams
We are a cohesive and innovative group, made up of both lawyers and non-lawyers, advising and enabling AIB to be a 21st Century purpose led bank. We offer our people the chance to be involved in cutting edge work that drives AIB’s strategy forward as well as personal development opportunities that allow our people develop the skills they need to succeed.
We currently operate a hybrid working model and most teams work in the office 2 days a week and remotely 3 days a week. Onsite days are focused on prioritising time to collaborate and connect with our colleagues.
When you join our graduate programme you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction course to ensure that you settle into your new role. During this course, you will learn about AIB, essential IT systems and risk management skills. Importantly, you will get to know other graduates through this course and kick-start your professional network.
- On-the-job learning. Our teams are vastly experienced and our people are some of the best in the business at what they do. You will have an opportunity to learn from them on the job and work on matters which are centrally important to our business and our customers.
- Development and training. We will have a development and training programme designed to ensure your professional growth. Our programme will include both group and online learning on a variety of topics covering professional and technical skills and personal development.
- Mentoring Programme. Each of our graduates is assigned a mentor – somebody you’ll be able to turn to for advice and practical assistance.
Our graduate programme emphasises rotations into different areas and different roles and we are looking for dynamic graduates who like to be challenged and learn quickly. As a graduate on our programme you will spend time in areas such as:
- Corporate Governance and Company Secretary
- Customer Care & Outcomes
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary & Pension Benefits
- Agile & Remote Working Opportunities
- Good Work-life Balance
- Rotations across different teams
- Networking Opportunities with Senior Business Stakeholders
- Accelerated Learning
- Structured Learning & Development Programme
- Support for Further Education
- Mentor System
- 21 Days Annual Leave
- 2 Additional Volunteer Days Leave
What you’ll need:
- An expected minimum 2.1 Honours Degree (or equivalent for universities outside of Ireland) is a prerequisite for those joining the AIB graduate programme (a law degree is not a prerequisite).
- Candidates must be fully authorised to work in Ireland or hold a valid work permit for the full duration of the 23-month contract (September 2024 – August 2026).
Confirmation of these will be sought if successful for the role.
How do I get involved?
If you meet the criteria and would be interested in becoming part of our Graduate Programme, please click apply and complete our online application. If you would like to get further information on the Graduate Programme, please check out our website jobs.aib.ie or drop us an email at Grads@aib.ie for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
By when? Closing date is TBC . We would encourage all interested candidates to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.