With over 6,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team.
Training and Development
At Lidl, we believe that training is the most important investment we can make in our people. Structured, on-the-job training is the foundation of our approach to training, giving all our employees the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally.
As a graduate joining our business, we know you won’t have all the answers and that’s OK with us. As the only City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Graduate Programme in Ireland, the Lidl Graduate Management Development Programme is a unique programme that is tailored for each individual graduate.
Whilst on the programme you will receive a bespoke training plan designed around your career path and current skills to teach you everything you need to know about working for Lidl. You will spend some time in our stores and warehouses to gain a thorough understanding of the key business areas. The programme gives you the opportunity to enjoy both personal and professional development through on-the-job training and a blended learning approach.
Throughout your training you will be supported by trainers at every level of the business. They will assist you through solid hands on experience and formal training sessions on key topics relevant to your new role. As well as helping you learn the business from the ground up, our training programme is designed to help you expand and develop your problem solving and business management skills.
Think you have what it takes to join the Lidl team?
Property, Construction and Facilities
The Property, Construction and Facilities Management Department manages all aspects of the company’s property portfolio. We acquire suitable development sites, achieve planning permission for stores and construct these according to our standard corporate specification. The network of open stores together with warehouses, offices and ancillary property requires ongoing active portfolio management to ensure that we are maximising the value of our assets.
Facilities management is responsible for how the store is presented daily to the customer - i.e. in an inviting and attractive setting with no maintenance issues. Facilities management is also responsible for installing and maintaining all of the stores technical equipment and shelving that enable our products to be retailed.
What you'll need
- An expected or attained 2.1 Honours Level 8 degree
- Full driver’s license is required
- Flexibility to travel or relocate within Ireland is required
- Motivation and drive
- Strong personal skills
- Work experience or experience abroad
- German is an advantage but not a necessity
What you'll receive
Through our salary system, we ensure pay equality across all positions at Lidl
- €37,500 salary per annum
- 20 days holiday per annum
- Private employee medical insurance
- City & Guilds/ILM Accredited Programme
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Responsibility for and involvement in projects with real business impact
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Bespoke training plan depending on current skills and career path
- One-to-one coaching available from a qualified coach in the business
- Competency assessment days to learn about your management and leadership style and how to work best with others
- A vast array of training and development opportunities from our in-house training catalogue including Leadership Development Programmes
- Masterclasses with renowned business experts
- Director and graduate mentorship programme
- While in Dublin Head Office access to the on-site gym and canteen*