PwC Tax Research and Development (R&D) Incentives Group Graduate Programme 2023 - Dublin
Apply by: 31.08.2023
County Dublin + 2
Our collective blend of expertise and experience makes PwC a great place to work. PwC Ireland welcomes top talent from all backgrounds to join us at the start of what will be your lifelong journey of development and discovery. Let's see where your talent could take you.
Job Description & Summary
PwC Ireland offers you industry-leading coaching, our total support in obtaining professional accreditation and the opportunity to work with some of the most fascinating clients in the world. We also give you invaluable personal skills to be able to see beyond what’s in front of you; the little things nobody tells you about that you’ll only learn from experience.
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You’ll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
From your very first day at PwC, your unique perspective will make a difference to some of the world’s biggest brands. You'll make a lasting impact on our clients’ success.
You’ll learn from the most influential people in the professional services industry. And you'll transform the way you think about what a graduate programme can be.
We’re looking for a new generation of talent to bring their life skills and new ways of thinking to our business. We want the experienced beginners, the creative perfectionists and the process-driven visionaries to join us.
You’ll be part of a global firm of over 276,000 people in 157 countries with a reputation built on excellence with integrity.
PwC Research and Development (R&D) Incentives Group
The PwC R&D incentives group is the leading provider of R&D tax credit services to technology and engineering companies in Ireland. The R&D tax credit is an incentive for companies in the technology, engineering and science sectors to undertake R&D activities and plays an important role in attracting high value investment to Ireland and encouraging innovation.
Our team provides services to large multinational technology and engineering companies in assisting them with their R&D credit claims. The PwC R&D group is an exciting and diverse team of a broad range of professionals ranging from electronic engineers, mechanical engineers, computer scientists to tax and accounting advisors. Our team works with engineers and developers from a broad range of our technology clients that are working at the cutting edge of their field.
If you have a qualification or background in technology, engineering, computer science etc. you will have a great starting point for hitting the ground running and will have an opportunity to develop your knowledge of business and tax alongside your technical qualification in our R&D incentives team.
Areas of responsibility
- Work with an exciting technology and engineering client portfolio that are at the cutting edge of R&D in Ireland
- Be part of a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team with varied backgrounds in technology, engineering and finance
- Excellent opportunity to learn how the tax system rewards innovation and attracts investment in high value R&D activities in Ireland
- Good mix of office-based and onsite client-based work
- Excellent opportunities to develop within the team and future career prospects
Varied range of work tasks that include the following:
- Assisting in the preparation of technology, engineering and science reports to support our client’s R&D tax credit claims
- Discussing R&D activities with some of the top science and technology companies based in Ireland with some of the top engineers/scientists in their field.
- On-site visits to a variety of client labs, facilities and offices around Ireland.
- Alignment of relevant client financial information to their R&D tax credit claims.
- Helping the team develop some digital tools by learning and applying some of the technology applications available to us.
What type of students are we looking for?
- You have a strong academic background (minimum 2.1) with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Qualification or experience in technology, engineering or science.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team mindset.
- Eager to learn from the strong mentors that PwC can provide in progressing your career.
- Keen interest in data and the digital world with a desire to continually enhance your technical and other knowledge/skills.
- Desire to provide high-quality services to help our clients meet the challenges they face.
- You are an organised self-starter with an ability to work to deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with good technical writing and presentational skills.
Benefits & Flexibility
- Be Well Work Well - our internal employee wellbeing initiative empowers you to achieve your personal goals
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives and the opportunity to be part of our D&I Pillar Groups to make a true impact in building a diverse and inclusive workplace
- On-site gym and shower facilities, fitness classes and wellbeing services
- On-site restaurant, shop, dry cleaning service and great coffee in our excellent coffee shop
- Holistic and beauty therapies (Dublin office only)
- Physiotherapist and sports therapist (Dublin office only)
- Time off in lieu of overtime
- Commitment to digital transformation. All our employees attend our Digital Academy Training
- A dedicated team of Learning and Development professionals who work tirelessly to deliver an evolving training framework. It’s our goal to continuously develop our employees' technical and professional skills
- You’ll be paired with a coach to help you develop your skills, diversify your experience and support you in achieving your career goals.
- Flexible working arrangements: “Hybrid working” : A blended arrangement that allows working from home and in the office depending on business, client and team needs. “Flexible Friday” : A 3pm finish on Fridays through the Summer and ahead of bank holidays.
PwC Ireland is committed to creating an environment that promotes equality and dignity at work. Working together in an inclusive environment enables us to harness the collective and complementary skills, knowledge, background, and networks of our people.
County Dublin, Ireland, Europe