County Dublin + 2
- Job: Retail Assistant
- Location: Smithfield, Dublin 7
- Hours: Day time shift pattern
- Role types: Part-time & Full-time (move to full time in Summer)
- Contract: Variable hours
- Duration: Commence Feb/March to Oct/Nov 2023
Jameson Distillery Bow St. is the most celebrated address in Irish whiskey. A Dublin institution since 1780, and a centre piece of Smithfield. This year, Jameson became a top 10 global spirit brand, proudly achieving a huge milestone of distributing over 10 million cases across the globe.
At our Visitor Experience in the heart of Dublin 7, the story of Jameson comes to life through our World’s Leading Distillery Tour, cocktail-making classes, premium whiskey tastings and blending classes. Each year we welcome thousands of visitors from across the globe through our doors, where we connect our guests to our world class whiskey production process and deep-rooted history.
Our Retail Assistants are customer-centric, enthusiastic, and charismatic people, responsible for providing courteous, friendly, and professional assistance to our visitors from across the globe.
You will be the essential link between our wide range of products and our customers.
Armed with outstanding training, our Retail Assistants contribute to the success of the store by driving sales, delivering great customer service, and offering their knowledge of our products and brands.
You will get to embrace our brand's personality and culture, offering a bespoke sales experience depending on what the customer is looking for.
You’ll have strong collaboration skills with the ability to work with large teams, who are truly passionate about providing an excellent visitor experience.
Ideally you will have experience working in a customer facing role either in retail, bars, hotels, or customer care. You could be currently studying in one of the Dublin or Cork universities and looking for part-time hours up to exam time, but open to moving to full time when exams are over.
You could also be working in hospitality or retail and want to move to more daytime focused hours, allowing you to spend more quality time with your family and friends.
We are welcoming visitors from all over the world, so if you’re able to speak multiple languages in addition to fluent English, please highlight this in your application.
What we offer
We understand our people are our special ingredient. We treat our employees with respect and offer an environment that is engaging, supportive and collaborative. We want to make you feel recognised and valued for your contribution to our shared success. Some of our benefits include:
- Sunday/ Bank holiday premium: 1.5 times hourly rate on a Sunday & double pay on a bank holiday
- Daily lunch allowance : You won't go hungry!
- Profit share: An annual profit share scheme to reward your contribution to the company’s success.
- Allowance: An annual allowance to spend on our portfolio of products and merchandise, for you to enjoy responsibly .
- Training: We offer full training on both our product and tours, so don't worry if you are yet to experience the spirits industry
- Health & Wellbeing: Our Wellbeing Programme “THRIVE” supports employees across the three main pillars: Life, Body and Mind
- Charity Days: up to 2 days paid leave every year to volunteer at a charity of their choice
Like a well-blended whiskey, we believe that diverse perspectives make us better and we welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences to create together the spirit that makes us great.
Interested in joining us?
Please follow the Apply Link and upload your details and answer some basic questions so we understand your interests clearly.
To learn more about our careers, go to our careers page www.irishdistillers.ie/brandhomesjobs
County Dublin, Ireland, Europe