Saffery Champness Summer Internship Dublin 2023
County Dublin + 2
Our intern scheme runs for a period of six to eight weeks each summer and provides a unique and valuable insight into the workings of a Top 20 accountancy firm.
As one of our interns you will be partnered with a dedicated mentor whose job it is to ensure your placement is both enjoyable and challenging. You will also benefit from a bookkeeping course which is completed during your time with us.
There is the potential to work across a number of teams and departments including audit, accounts or tax. Please refer to our online vacancies for information on which team(s) you may be based in.
After your internship, should you wish to pursue a career in accountancy or tax, you will have the opportunity to consider the firm’s graduate positions where training contracts are available across all our offices.
In this team you will be involved in audits and accounts preparation assignments. There are many factors to consider when reviewing files, and we will introduce you to this process during your placement. You may start with audit testing of simpler balances within financial statements, such as Cash at Bank and Share Capital, and then progress to Income and Expenditure testing. You will work on a variety of clients from different industries making for an exciting learning experience.
There are different areas of tax such as Corporate and Personal Tax. You will work across teams and will be involved in duties such as preparing and filing tax returns and carrying out manual reconciliation of tax liabilities. The type of work you do will vary depending on the client, for example working for highnet worth individuals or helping businesses/corporates.
- You must be in your penultimate year of studies (A Levels or University degree)
- 2:1 degree expected (in any discipline - applicable to University students only)
- Minimum 120 UCAS points or equivalent, gained or expected • Minimum grade 6 (B) in English Language and Maths GCSE or equivalent
If you enjoy your time with us and impress the team, you may be offered a training contract on completion of your studies. We offer a 3-5 year training contracts to our trainees with a view to becoming an ACA/CA qualified accountant or Chartered Tax Adviser (ATT/CTA). This would be an automatic offer and would not require you to complete another application process.
Please note if you are successful in securing a training contract but request this to be transferred to another office/department than the one you worked within during your internship, it will require another interview process. We can not always guarantee a position will be available, so we highly recommend you consider location at the point of applying for your internship.
We are looking for individuals who share our values – those who are Collegiate and Enthusiastic, act with Integrity and strive for Excellence.
The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset.
We welcome people with a diverse range of skills who thrive when working in close knit teams and are willing to go the extra mile for clients.
You should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and strive for high quality in everything you do.
In addition, you should have an awareness of the wider economic context that our clients operate in, demonstrating your commercial awareness.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm, in line with the firm’s comprehensive agile working policy.
- To recognise your contribution to the firm as an intern, we pay an hourly rate and compensate any appropriate expenses.
- You will also leave with a reference letter outlining the work undertaken and new skills acquired – a valuable addition to your CV.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rated).
- As a firm, we are committed to embracing a diverse and multi-generational workforce. We have initiatives in place to ensure everyone is treated equally, irrespective of their background or any personal characteristics. We strive to ensure that every member of staff is able to work and develop to reach their full potential in an inclusive and respectful culture that celebrates each person’s unique abilities.
County Dublin, Ireland, Europe