Senior Analyst, Enterprise Risk Management - Capital Adequacy
Apply by: 30.06.2023
Summary of role:
The Risk Function is an independent, second line of defence function that monitors, controls and supports risk-taking activities across AIB. The purpose of the Risk Function is to provide advice and guidance in relation to risk while providing independent oversight and reporting on AIB’s risk profile.
The Risk Function’s main objective is to ensure AIB has a robust risk management framework and culture in place to ensure risks are taken within the risk appetite set by the Board, in support of AIB’s customer franchise and social responsibility.
The role is positioned within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team where we perform Risk management for Business Model Risk, Capital Adequacy Risk and Model Risk, and are responsible for the Risk Management Framework, including Risk Appetite.
ERM is now recruiting for a talented Senior Risk Analyst to assist in our oversight of Capital Adequacy risk for the Group and material subsidiaries. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team that in a measurable way can contribute significantly to the achievement of ERM and Group Risk’s agenda.
While the core role will involve the assessment and oversight of capital adequacy risks including supporting our 2LOD review of ICAAP and internal stress tests, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate flexibility and contribute to other key activities within the team, including providing support in our review of the Group’s Financial Plan and associated Business Model Risk oversight.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Support 2LOD oversight and review and challenge of Capital Adequacy Risk for Group and subsidiaries, including regular risk reporting, review and challenge of ICAAP and internal stress testing covering key assumptions, conclusions and compliance with regulatory expectations, and review of any proposed capital actions.
- Assist in the review and enhancement of the Group’s Stress Testing and Capital Adequacy policies, ensuring alignment to regulatory expectations and best practice.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of appropriate Risk Appetite metrics for capital adequacy risk as a key risk control.
- Assist in the development of the 2LOD approach to review and challenge of Climate Stress tests covering Transition and Physical Climate risk drivers.
- Assist in the review and challenge of stress test results relating to regulatory stress tests (EBA).
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop an excellent grounding across the core responsibilities of the ERM function and exposure to a wide range of senior stakeholders across the Group. One of the key accountabilities of the role will be to develop successful and collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the Group to influence outcomes and ensure successful delivery.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose - to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too – everything starts with you. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine, so whoever you are, whatever you dream of, we back you.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
In AIB, we are currently transitioning to our Hybrid Model and teams who have been working remotely are now returning to the office 2 days per week. We intend to progress our fuller hybrid working plans in the coming months, where onsite days are focused on purposeful attendance, prioritising time to collaborate, connecting with our teams and wider colleagues.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in banking, ideally with relevant experience in a Risk function or role;
- Experience in capital adequacy risk assessment, ICAAP and stress testing roles will be a key advantage. In addition a good understanding of credit risk parameters and stress testing approaches would be of benefit.
- Experience of report writing, tailoring communications to senior audiences;
- An analytical mind-set, with ability to draw out key messages/insights from financial and management reports or data;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a small team, with attention to detail, completing tasks to a high standard within agreed deadlines.
- Understanding of developments within the business and regulatory and banking environment and broader economic environment;
- Ability to coach and develop junior staff.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on via email email@example.com.
By when? Closing date is 16th April 2023