Due to ongoing expansion of our Irish operation, we are currently hiring Service Engineers to join our team, based at a key semiconductor supplier's campus in Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
The Service Engineer (SE) is responsible for all aspects of system support for Nikon step and repeat (NSR) semiconductor lithography systems. The SE will work according to specific site guidelines for safety and quality, and will show a strong degree of self-reliance to accomplish all key service requirements and to maintain strong customer satisfaction.
Typical support includes successfully performing repair of machine downs, following pre-defined action plans/Gannt, and comprehensive analysis of system performance, installations, and standard set-ups. The SE will demonstrate strong problem solving abilities, and will utilize software tools and analytical methods to achieve goals.
This SE position demands flexibility to changing requirements, including changing work patterns, and including mobility to support company-wide projects as required.
What you will do
- Troubleshoot complex system problems using strong problem solving techniques.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems, and use this knowledge to practically support equipment performance.
- Execute complex system repairs in a quality manner and timely fashion.
- Perform maintenance support to customer to ensure that NSR performance meets required specification.
- Provide support, which results in NSR performance improvement that exceeds specifications or complies with a non-specified condition.
- Where required Install NSR systems in customer facilities, executing standard install tests, meeting overall installation schedule and ensuring that system performance meets specification.
- Utilize e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting.
- Develop and proliferate best-known methods (BKMs).
- Work according to Gannt/POA/escalation plans and report all actions performed accurately and fully.
What you have
- Third-level qualification in a related Engineering field such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate experience in a semiconductor environment.
- Experience in photolithography is advantageous.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Strong software skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent presentation skills to be utilized in groups of all sizes.
- Clear and concise technical writing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Work with diligence and a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Compliant with NPE Core Competencies.
- Service orientated, customer focused.
- Takes ownership for work performed; cost conscious, resourceful, and proactive.
- Role model and sets a positive example for others to follow, cultivating a pro Nikon environment at the customer site.
- Able to actively manage and prioritise several critical issues and escalations simultaneously.
- Desire to continuously improve his/her own technical and professional abilities.
- Adaptable to irregular working patterns.
- Adaptable to different sites specifications.
- Full time, permanent.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns, including working normal office hours, dayshift, nightshift and weekend working.
- Varying work patterns will be required during the training and transition period.
- Occasional long periods abroad for training and customer assistance as required.
- Leixlip – Ireland.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: leasing car or car allowance, unsocial hours allowance, discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards.
- Comprehensive training program involving international travel.
- Opportunities for professional development.