Due to ongoing expansion of our Irish operation, we are currently hiring a Site Coordination Leader to join our team, based at a key semiconductor supplier's campus in Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
The Site Coordination Leader (SCL) is a varied role involving resource and technical planning, as well as coordinating with customer representatives as required. Effective teamwork between the SCL and Site/Service Management is essential to meet the customer and site requirements. The SCL will be a key point of contact within Nikon Precision Europe (NPE) to ensure support is at the level required to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure delivery of a quality service.
The SCL is responsible for resource management and scheduling for the site, working with NPE Management and customer representatives to identify gaps and resource balancing needs based on planned site activity, co-ordination across NPE team to meet tooling requirements for the site, and supporting the site with parts forecasting. They are also responsible for performance management and GPD across the site team.
What you will do
- Interface with customer as required to ensure site team is aligned, and customer needs are met.
- Be responsible for resource management and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage at all times. Working with other team members to flag identified gaps and resource balancing needs based on planned site activity.
- Work with NPE management to fill identified external resource needs for the site.
- Provide performance management support and feedback to on-site team, including aligning GPD goals to the corporate and site priorities.
- Co-ordinate across NPE team to meet tooling requirements for site operations. Co-ordinate Tooling management system across site team.
- Support site team in generating and maintaining parts forecasting for consumable and planned activities.
- Maintain training tracker and skills matrices for team, including specialist tasks & skills. Work with site team and NPE training to identify required training needs. Co-ordinate resource schedule to match available training opportunities.
- Support active mentoring and upskilling programme for all employees.
- Support Site Management in generation of metrics and updates for internal and customer reviews.
- Support implementation of corporate systems, processes and programmes across site team.
- Role model for safety and quality across site, supporting safety and quality initiatives and systems to deliver constant improvement.
- Maintain regular communication forum to update team on site operations, initiatives and metrics.
- Provide backfill support for the Site Management when required.
- Lead recruitment activities, including attending fairs, screening, interviewing and recommending candidates, as required.
What you have
- Third-level qualification in a related Engineering field such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate experience in a semiconductor environment.
- Good understanding of electronics & mechanics, optics and computers (preferred).
- Project management experience.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Competent to supervise Engineers, take responsibility for planning and scheduling, undertake project leadership, able to resolve customer problems and communicate necessary information company-wide.
- Communicates in a clear, accurate and courteous manner with customers and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Performance management of team and making recommendations for further development and training. Also providing guidance and direction where required.
- Conducting reviews using GPD system - conduct main & interim personnel development meetings with those reporting to you.
- Compliant with NPE Core Competencies.
- Service orientated, customer focused.
- Takes ownership for work performed; cost conscious, resourceful, and proactive.
- Role model and sets a positive example for others to follow, cultivating a pro Nikon environment at the customer site.
- Able to actively manage and prioritise several critical issues and escalations simultaneously.
- Desire to continuously improve his/her own technical and professional abilities.
- Adaptable to irregular working patterns.
- Full time, permanent.
- Flexibility to work a variety of patterns, including working normal office hours, some weekend on-call and weekend working.
- Varying work patterns will be required during the training and transition period.
- Occasional long periods abroad for training and customer assistance as required.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: leasing car or car allowance, unsocial hours allowance, discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards.
- Comprehensive training program involving international travel.
- Opportunities for professional development.