You're the brains behind our work
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programmes equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
The 2024 Operations Analyst Programme provides the opportunity for new employees to both learn about the Financial Services Industry and develop the necessary professional competencies to be successful within the Services, Markets and Banking (SMB) Operations.
As technological breakthroughs rapidly shift the frontier between the work tasks performed by humans and those performed by machines and algorithms, global markets are undergoing major transformations. These transformations are providing new challenges for Operations Analysts as Citi seeks to be the best for its clients, to harness new and emerging technologies to reach higher levels of efficiency, to expand into new markets, and compete for a global increasingly digital client base.
Analysts in SMB Operations support the Capital Markets Investment Banking arm of Citi as well as Cash, Trade and Cards businesses. Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and provides full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades, and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
The programme covers the knowledge and key skills you need to thrive in the financial operations workplace of the future:
- Banking and Financial Markets, Asset Classes, Trade Flows, Risk Management and Regulation
- Professional skills including complex problem solving, critical thinking, client delivery and emotional intelligence
- Technological literacy including analytics and automation
You will have the opportunity to work in the following areas:
- Foreign Exchange
- Middle Office
- Information Services
- Cash Securities
- Risk & Control
You will join Citi on a Two-Year Rotational Programme which is designed to impact Operations process modernisation and transformation with innovative solutions and technical efficiencies. You will experience working in two different business areas within SMB Operations to widen your skills and help grow your future.
The programme embraces modern learning practices and is based around a winning combination of:
- Instructor-led classroom training from financial-services industry specialists and Citi subject-matter-experts
- Business-simulations, Team-based challenges and projects to reinforce new skills
- Self-directed study with access to industry leading materials
Virtual classroom experiences offering the opportunity to connect with your global peers.
You will have or will be graduating before the programme starts in the Summer
- Obtained or on course for a minimum 2:1 in your chosen degree
- You have effective written and oral communication skills and strong analytical skills/Microsoft products
- You have a strong record of achievement and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- You have a passion for exquisite customer and client service
- You have a flexible and hardworking approach
- Willing to work according to business needs given Citi’s global footprint
We care about the growth and development of our early career talent pipeline. Dedication to learning and a true passion for finance and business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow; we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking; and want to make an impact:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn and be successful in a team environment
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision
- Strategic thinkers and solutions orientated