You’re the brains behind our work
The 2024 Operations Summer Analyst Programme provides the opportunity for Summer Interns to both learn about the Financial Services Industry and develop the necessary professional competencies to be successful within the Securities, Banking and Markets (SMB) Operations.
As technological breakthroughs rapidly shift the frontier between the work tasks performed by humans and those performed by machines and algorithms, global markets are undergoing major transformations. These transformations are providing new challenges for Operations Analysts as Citi seeks to be the best for its clients, to harness new and emerging technologies to reach higher levels of efficiency, to expand into new markets, and compete for a global increasingly digital client base.
Analysts in SMB Operations support the Capital Markets Investment Banking arm of Citi as well as Cash, Trade and Cards businesses. Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and provides full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades, and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Your time here will look something like this.
The programme embraces modern learning practices and is based around a winning combination of:
- Instructor-led classroom training from financial-services industry specialists and Citi subject-matter-experts
- Business-simulations, Team-based challenges and projects to reinforce new skills
- Self-directed study with access to industry leading materials
- Virtual classroom experiences offering the opportunity to connect with your global peers
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
This Summer Analyst Programme is a 10-week programme and typically starts in June each year.
The programme covers the knowledge and key skills you need to thrive in the financial operations workplace of the future:
- Banking and Financial Markets, Asset Classes, Trade Flows, Risk Management and Regulation
- Professional skills including complex problem solving, critical thinking, client delivery and emotional intelligence
- Technological literacy including analytics and automation
You will have the opportunity to work in the following business areas:
- Information Services
- TTS Operations
- Custody Operations
- Fund Accounting
- Middle Office
- Risk and Control
Why the Placement Operations Programme is a great career path
- Potential to fast track to our Operations Graduate Programme when you graduate
- Opportunity to work in partnership with teams from across the Bank to help develop and manage products, processes, and services in ways that maximise profitability while minimising risk
- Play a critical role in providing a series of common products and services across Citi's lines of business and geographies, including Risk and Control, Anti Money Laundering, Procurement, Expense Management, and Employee Services.
We want to hear from you if…
- You are in your penultimate year of University
- On course for a minimum 2:1 in your chosen degree
- You apply a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency, while seeking new and innovative ways to support our clients changing needs
- You have a strong record of achievement and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- You have a passion for exquisite customer and client service
- You have a flexible and hardworking approach with the ability to perform well in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Who we think will be a great fit…
Dedication to learning and a true passion for finance and business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow; we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking; and want to make an impact. You should have:
- Willingness to work according to business needs given Citi’s global footprint
- Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn and be successful in a team environment and commit to the work at hand
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision