Social Care Workers / Relief Social Care Workers
Daffodil Care Services
Apply by: 26.09.2023
Daffodil Care Services is one of Irelands leading social care service providers currently providing a range of services to meet the needs of young people and their families, these include registered residential, aftercare services as well as community outreach.
Working as part of this new team and collaboration with the Centre Manager and Social Care Leaders, you will be responsible for providing high quality social care and a safe, caring and stabilising environment to vulnerable young people aged between 12-17 years. You will play a key role in the delivery of individualised day-to-day activities in the residential service. This rewarding role will suit energetic, creative and versatile social care professionals with a passion for working with young people.
What we can offer you:
- Attractive starting salary package of €35,038.03 - €38,790.87 per annum (depending on experience) inclusive of sleeping time and premiums
- Incremental salary scale
- Typical schedule of 2 X 24-hour shifts per week
- Paid core training allowance
- Health Insurance Scheme
- Maternity Cover
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Free access to any additional professional training offered by SCTI, Social Care Training Ireland e.g. Leadership & Management in Social Care, Professional Supervision Skills
- Education Assistance Grants
- Professional Career Development programme
- Team Building Activities
- Company Social Events & away days
- Refer a Friend Bonus
Qualifications & Experience
Candidates with a variety of social care related qualifications from Level 6, Level 7 or Level 8 achieved in Ireland and Internationally are invited to apply.
Qualification (degree) or above in one of the following:
- QQI Level 8 in Psychology
- QQI Level 7 or Professional Practice Qualification in Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy
- QQI Level 7 or Professional Practice Qualification in Counselling / Psychotherapy
- QQI Level 7 or Professional Practice Qualification in Addiction Counselling
- QQI Level 7 in Youth and Community or similar
- QQI Level 7 in Social Science / Social Studies
- QQI Level 7 in Family Support
- Professional Qualification in Teaching (Not TEFL)
- Professional Qualification in Nursing Studies
- QQI Level 7 in Disability Studies
- QQI Level 7 in Applied Behavioural Analysis
- QQI Level 7 in Early Years Care where centre caters for children under 12 years.
- BA in Applied Policing or equivalent
- Holder of Higher Certificate in Custodial Care (Irish Prison Service) or equivalent
- QQI Level 6 qualification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children and young people in a social are setting.
At Daffodil Care Services, we promote the professional and personal development of each team member. With a clear focus on our ethos and therapeutic approach, we provide for significant investment in our people, who in turn through their professionalism and commitment greatly enhance the experience and outcomes for our service users.