FM Environmental provides services in design, installation and servicing of pumping and wastewater treatment equipment for water authorities and construction partners throughout Ireland and the UK. It also manufactures its own range of industrial grease removal equipment that is sold through distributors across 20 countries worldwide for use in commercial premises such as hotels, hospitals, schools and in the marine industry.
The Systems Developer will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time by increasing employee adoption and usage. It will be an exciting role, focusing on changes to business processes, systems and technology.
The project will implement a new cloud platform for data management that will allow for the integration of IT systems and multi-department data to provide key, real-time business insights. This will also allow for the development of two bespoke applications to manage site activity (installation & servicing) and inventory management. This centralisation of systems and data will enhance interdepartmental visibility of processes and projects, improving business efficiencies and supporting company growth.
The successful graduate will lead this project, in a supportive partnership with Letterkenny Institute of Technology and will also have the opportunity to avail of a Post Graduate Diploma with Queen’s University Belfast as part of the employment offering
There will also be the opportunity to work remotely and adopt a flexible work pattern, after an initial induction period to get familiar with the company and the project.
- An Honours degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent
- Legally permitted to work in the UK
- 2 years application development experience
- Experience in completing a Software Development project
- Knowledge of Database design and maintenance
- Knowledge of System\Software requirements
- Experience in Cloud Computing Solutions
- Experience in Mobile Application Development
- 12 Months (with opportunity to extend when project complete)