Ireland + 1
First Derivative is a global provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry. It supports institutions in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting a broad range of mission critical data and trading systems across front, middle and back-office operations. We have the world's largest, fully Capital Markets dedicated team.
As a graduate, you will join the Capital Markets Training Programme (CMTP), giving you the unique opportunity to expand your skillset and potential. The Capital Markets Training Programme is a 2 year scheme which enables fast track career progression into the Capital Markets industry.
Over the course of the two-year graduate Programme, the combination of training courses and varying client projects is specifically designed to give you both the experience and core skills you need to progress.
We invite you to explore a career at First Derivative, where we take seriously our commitment to stimulate, challenge, develop, reward and care for our employees.
First Derivative specialises in the Financial Services market. What makes this interesting to software engineers is the constant and rapidly changing nature of the systems used by our clients, the need to work in real time with very large data sets and the huge complexity of the application landscape. There are very few industries that are this dynamic and this complex.
We are looking for people who want to build a career in software engineering that can offer specialisms in Cloud Infrastructure-as-code, data engineering with technologies like Kafka and Machine Learning as well as java/.Net application development.
We will train you in the domain, enhance your technical skills and get you into development pods working with our global clients. There is plenty of opportunity for travel.
What we look for:
- An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
- Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
- Strong academic background – ideally a 2.1 degree in Computing, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics, Engineering or a similar quantitative discipline.
- Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not essential
- Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
- Commitment to the 2 year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
Candidate personal data will be processed in line with our Global Candidate Privacy Notice