TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2023. Internships at TikTok aim to offer students industry exposure and hands-on experience. Watch your ambitions become reality as your inspiration brings infinite opportunities at TikTok.
TikTok's infrastructure team supports the company's fast growth by building and operating hyper-scale datacenters, managing the life cycle of the server fleet, providing cloud solutions, and developing various infrastructure services and making sure they are scalable and are reliable.
Areas we are working on include but are not limited to:
- Traffic infrastructure and load balancing systems
- Cloud solutions and management platforms
- Big data platform and ETL pipelines
- Host management and system engineering platforms
- Access control and authorization services
- Design and build infrastructure services, systems and platforms.
- Develop tools, automation and monitors to operate infrastructure efficiently.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be responsible end-to-end to the production environment by responding to performance and reliability issues and participating in necessary on-calls.
- Help improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure services from inception and design throughout development to deployment, user support and refinement.
- Currently in your penultimate year pursuing a bachelors degree, or in your final year going on to study a Masters, graduating in 2024
- Successful candidates must start in June 2023
- Studying Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related major
- Confident working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond
- Some experience in one or more programming languages such as Go, Java, C++ and Python.
- Self-driven and capable of coping with ambiguity and moving projects from concept to delivery.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve real-world problems in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience in production and hyper-scale environment
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Building infrastructure solutions with AWS, Google, Azures and other cloud services.
- Building networking systems that speak TCP/IP, BGP, DNS, etc.
- Building traffic systems such as load balancers, NAT and proxies, etc.
- Implementing big data solutions based on technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark and Hadoop, which handle Terabytes of data.
- Building platform, automation and tools to manage server fleet, their life cycles and systems running on top.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.