Software Engineering Intern
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Galway
Who We Are:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Intern within HPE, Intelligent Edge to join us! You will have an exciting opportunity to learn and collaborate on software engineering projects with guidance from R&D team that creates the innovative wired and wireless network solutions for smart digital experiences.
What you'll do:
- Working on a specific project critical to HPE in an Agile environment
- Writing code by using current programming languages and technologies
- Receiving guidance from a senior member of the Engineering team who will help you to technically approach the use cases
- Utilizing new trends in technologies, software development methodologies, and techniques
What you’ll need:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in Computer Science or a related field
- Exposure to Linux operating system and scripting languages such as Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we’d prefer you bring:
- Confidence and self-motivation both when working independently and as part of a team
- Strong desire to excel and surpass expectations
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and willingness to learn
- Interest in taking initiative and genuine interest in the field
- Attention to detail
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Availability to work in the Galway office
Ready to take the next step? Open up opportunities with HPE.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status