The AWS Data Center Supply Solutions team has an exciting opportunity for a Strategy & Acquisitions Intern to join our team in Dublin, Ireland. This intern will work with various stakeholder groups to procure data center capacity, support long term scaling strategies for AWS’s infrastructure regions, and manage a portfolio of critical infrastructure agreements.
Interns will participate in our 12 week internship program during Summer 2023 in our Dublin, Ireland location.
The Strategy & Acquisitions Intern will support the team to manage all areas of transaction deal flow related to data center procurement projects in the region, for both Colocation and Real Estate. This person will need to be a strategically oriented individual with strong communication skills that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
A successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator across all stakeholder groups, have a strong ability to overcome obstacles to deliver the right results, possess a strong sense of ownership, be adept at taking calculated risks in order to act quickly, have strong organizational skills, program and project management skills, and be data driven with a passion for continuous improvement.
This position involves direct contact with senior leaders and key vendors; you must have a professional demeanour and be able to communicate effectively with people at every level, both internally and externally.
Candidates must hold a valid Right to Work in the Republic of Ireland, Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non immigrant visas, for this role.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and helps you further develop your skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Key job responsibilities
- Prepare transaction business case, forecast project costs and partner with internal teams to submit business case for leadership review.
- Assist with site selection process, strategy development, data analysis across the region.
- Manage stakeholder engagement from initial due diligence to contract review and execution, including management of all milestones to track contract execution and delivery from stakeholders.
- Support development of Master Telecommunications Service Agreements, Work Orders, Lease Agreements, and other contractual documents.
- Ensure data integrity in supply planning and execution systems related to infrastructure supply options including cost, capacity, key dates, and contractual terms.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of continual process improvement initiatives related to operational efficiency, team effectiveness and new value added activities.
About the team
The Data Center Supply Solutions team supports AWS by planning and executing long term scaling strategies for AWS’s global data center network.
As a Strategy & Acquisitions Intern you will support the team in the development and execution of contractual agreements with key infrastructure vendors, assist in the development of the business case for investment and support the development, presentation, approval and tracking of long-term infrastructure scaling strategies.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: Dublin, D, IRL.
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate in a Masters or Bachelors degree in an accredited University/College in Business, Procurement, Finance, IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience managing procurement transactions successfully, including supplier communication, cost analysis, negotiations and contracting, and supplier performance management.
- Experience successfully managing commercial relationships with vendors and knowledge of vendor management best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in report writing is essential in this role.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT