We’re forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can’t do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it’s in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging NetApp products. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with NetApp storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Provide technical support via telephone, web or autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the Customers with recommendations and action plans.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers who may need assistance working a case; utilize your area of expertise to help them in order to facilitate solutions most quickly for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Gain knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study and through a variety of learning environments
- Share best practices with Technical Support Center staff and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English (must be fluent)
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Solid understanding of IT technologies
- Troubleshooting of software products
- Windows file sharing
- Linux file sharing
- Virtualization and Cloud Technologies
Responsibility and Interaction
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible for are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new technology to support; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor to the technical support team.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration, Devops, Cloud, Data Warehousing or technical support is required.
- Fluency in German is necessary to cover this market.
Strong culture of giving back - we offer 5 fully paid volunteer days each year. We offer one wellbeing day each quarter plus 2 corporate week-long shutdowns a year, one in July and one over Christmas and New Year. We offer dental insurance up to €300 and €150 for eye tests, glasses and contact lenses.
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they’re 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
Preferred Degree Subjects
Computer Science and IT
Software Engineering and related
Annual discretionary bonus