County Westmeath + 2
C&D Foods are currently recruiting hardworking and ambitious graduates from a wide range of disciplines including Research & Development , Technical & New Product Development for a role based in Ireland (Mullingar) or the UK (Manchester or Driffield), with travel across our manufacturing sites in Mainland Europe.
C&D Foods is one of the largest pet food manufacturers in Europe, offering specially-formulated cat and dog food for the private label market.
Founded in 1969, and now part of the ABP Food Group, C&D Foods has grown to become one of the industry’s leading pet food producers with eight manufacturing sites across Europe supplying quality products to customers around the world.
The C&D Foods Graduate experience:
Graduates starting a career at C&D Foods will be given responsibility from day one. Over the course of our 2 year programme you travel to our 8 production sites in Europe and gain experience in project management while working alongside the Group Head of Research and Development for C&D Foods.
You will be supported with on the job and external training, experience a number of different areas of the business and connect to mentors and other graduates across the company.
- Short term: responsibility from day one
- Medium term: fast paced progression to managerial positions within the Group.
- Long term: develop as future senior leader within the ABP Food Group.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams and departments across the group on projects.
- Understand the process of the New Product Development process from receipt of queries, paperwork process, recipe development and launch to the customer
- Detailed support with any R&D Grants across the group
- Regular detailed reports and key trends on data gathered from the NPD process
- Identify and highlight opportunities for continuous improvement across the board
- Support Group Head of R&D on specific projects
- Full review of raw material testing requirements for the whole group and building of database to be shared across the group.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree level qualified in a food, feed or science related field
- IT Skills – Excel & Microsoft suite.
- Any previous system implementation experience/exposure to operating/recipe systems will be a notable advantage
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter/hungry to get involved. While there will be structure to your learning and prescribed projects a lot will depend on the Graduates initiative.
- Ability to operate at all levels across the business, internally and externally.
- A desire to pursue a long-term career in the Food Industry.
- Language skills are desirable but not essential
- A willingness to travel and relocate if required to C&D Food locations across Europe
Candidates should have the relevant work rights for ongoing full-time employment.
County Westmeath, Ireland, Europe