Trainee Chartered Accountant - CAI or ACCA
Apply by: 30.09.2022
If you’re looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Evelyn Partners.
Evelyn Partners is a leading Irish and UK integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
The successful individual will join a 3-year or 3.5-year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the ACCA or CA qualification.
The Trainee Chartered Accountant role equips you to provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups.
On-the-job training and studying towards your professional qualification will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their businesses
- Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
- Highlight issues and problems for the attention of senior management
- Become familiar with our audit software
- Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Attend a range of internal training sessions including industry experience and soft skills
- Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks for our diverse client base
- Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Support department events and procedures and build relationships within Evelyn Partners
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the ACCA qualification or CA with Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI) to become a chartered accountant
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- Minimum 400 Leaving Certificate points (or equivalent)
- Leaving Certificate O2 or H5 in Maths and English (or equivalent)