About DLA Piper
Who we are?
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific, positioning us to help clients with their legal needs around the world. Our Dublin office opened in late 2018 and is rapidly growing.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality and value to our clients.
We achieve this through practical and innovative legal solutions that help our clients succeed. We deliver consistent services across our platform of practices and sectors in all matters we undertake.
Our clients and sectors:
Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises, start-ups, public sector bodies and governments. DLA Piper's sector groups cover the full range of business law services.
At DLA Piper, we pride ourselves on giving new lawyers a truly unique experience when starting their career with us. Whether it's taking part in our Internship Programme or commencing as a graduate, you'll be given the tools to forge a successful career as a lawyer.
Our award-winning, paid Summer Internship is designed to give you insight to what DLA Piper is really like. Our in-person programme is three weeks in duration, commencing with a week-long induction programme held at our London office.
This induction provides an advanced introduction to the legal sector and the firms practice groups. It also builds your professional skills and workplace capability. Throughout the induction there will be opportunities to hear from and network with senior members of the firm.
Students spend the second and third weeks of the Summer Internship undertaking work experience placements across two of our practice groups in our Dublin office.
At the end of the Summer Internship, participants are assessed for a training contract place.
During your training contract, you’ll experience a series of rotations through our different practice groups, giving you breadth in your knowledge of the law as well as the practical skills that will stay with you for your entire career.
Our Graduates are also provided a once in a lifetime opportunity when they complete our International Induction in London with their global counterparts! Experiencing a full week of inspiring key note speakers, networking events and team building activities, you’ll be leveraging our International network right from day one.
By the end of your Graduate Programme, you will emerge with a clearer understanding of where your talent and interests lie. The experience you’ll have gained – and the networks you’ll have nurtured – will provide a strong foundation for your future career at DLA Piper.
More than just work:
As a member of the firm, you will have opportunities to take part in social events, join our sports teams, global employment networks and fundraise for the charity of your choice.
You will also have the opportunity to support the firms pro bono practice. Our global pro bono practice contributed over 205,000 pro bono hours in 2019 alone.
Click here to read more about what your future might look like at DLA Piper.
What are we looking for?
- Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds. That's what sets us apart. By opening up a range of difference and unique perspectives, allows us to service our clients better.
- We look for candidates who are naturally inquisitive, have plenty of drive, and can show a genuine commitment to developing a career as a lawyer
- We do not expect applicants to have had prior experience in Law. When applying, we’d encourage you to think broadly about your experiences and achievements from your recent past and ensure these are clearly articulated on your CV.
Ready to shape your future with DLA Piper? Here’s everything you need to know about the next steps.
Our application process for our Summer Internship and Graduate Programme involves three stages:
- Apply online: Complete our online application form and upload a copy of your CV. This should showcase your achievements and experiences. You will then be asked to complete a response to a commercial awareness question. We don't require you to submit a cover letter. These are not reviewed
- Watson Glaser test: If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete the Watson Glaser critical thinking test
- Assessment day: If you are invited to an assessment day, you will take part in a series of exercises, including a partner interview, analysis presentation and a group exercise. There is no preparation required before you attend the assessment day.
Require any adjustments? We are committed to employing people with disability at DLA Piper. You are strongly encouraged to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process. If you do require adjustments at any stage of our application process this can be shared in your application form or by contacting the graduate recruitment team.
Connect with us
Events are a great way to interact with our people, get to know our culture and to learn about the work that we do at DLA Piper. Click here to view and register your attendance at our upcoming events.