A role with Optum gives you a chance to create solutions that have the potential to improve millions of lives as you start your career with a leading healthcare company. We believe that the unique experiences and perspectives each person brings to the table, increase our effectiveness in identifying solutions that move healthcare forward.
At Optum, we leverage leading edge technology and innovation to create a healthcare system that serves everyone more fairly, efficiently and consistently. We work to build a healthier world, one idea at a time.
As a Fortune 5 business, we’re one of the world’s leading healthcare companies. There are no limits here on the resources you’ll have or the challenges you’ll encounter. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone.
Optum in Ireland
We are proud to be a long-standing contributor to the Irish economy and community. We have been supporting global healthcare systems from Ireland for more than 20 years, building a dynamic and diverse team of over 1,700 talented individuals.
From our offices in Letterkenny and Dublin, we discover new ways to make a difference in people’s health around the world.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a positive impact every day, this is truly the opportunity to do your life's best work.℠
Our 2023 graduate and internship opportunities
By joining one of our Early Careers programmes, you'll be playing a key role in our mission of making the healthcare system work better for everyone. We will provide you with all the tools, support and guidance to take your career to the next level.
You’ll have a clear roadmap for growth, with the opportunity to expand your horizons across new skills and varied career path options, in an environment that empowers you to achieve your best.
We believe that the best way to learn is by doing. That’s why our programmes combine a mixture of curriculum-based training with hands-on responsibility. You’ll participate in educational sessions that will accelerate your career, as you collaborate with experienced mentors and leaders.
Each role has different requirements, which will be listed on their individual job listings, but here are our general guidelines:
- Full-time intern positions for a duration of 10-12 weeks with start dates in July 2023
- Must be currently pursuing a relevant degree
- The internship is designed for individuals in their 2nd or penultimate year of study, who will be returning to school after the internship
- Full-time graduate roles, with a range of start dates including January and Summer/Autumn 2023 (refer to job advert for more info)
- Must in the final year of obtaining a relevant degree, or have graduated within the last few years
- Coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment
We will be hiring across a range of disciplines, including:
- Software engineering
- Data science
- Data engineering
- Business intelligence / data analytics
- Consulting (Analytics)
- Product management
Our commitment to you
A role with Optum gives you a chance to create solutions that have the potential to improve millions of lives as you start your career with a leading healthcare company.
Here are some of the benefits that you will have as part of our high-performing team:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary and additional incentives
- Hybrid working (onsite/remote)
- Private medical insurance
- Occupational pension plan
- Health and wellness benefits
- Tax Saver Travel Ticket Scheme
- Customised training and development curriculum
- Mentorship and buddy system
- Annual personal development budget for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Company and team events like site forums, tech talks, conferences, social events, volunteering opportunities and more
Our internship opportunities are paid and include mentorship, training and a wide range of activities/social events.
We believe that the unique experiences and perspectives each person brings to the table, increase our effectiveness in identifying solutions that move healthcare forward. We’re dedicated to building inclusive teams where we celebrate our identities as we reward your contributions.
Optum is an inclusive employer and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates and employees with disabilities. Should you require a reasonable accommodation please email the contact listed on the job description.
More from Optum
- Medical, healthcare & dental
- Retail, business & commercial services
- Management & business
- Accounting & finance