Perks of living on campus at DCU
Living away from home is hard! Living as an international student is even more challenging! Here is why you should apply for on campus accommodation.
When you come to another city or another country for further studies, you want to focus on achieving good grades and having a good college life. You want the journey to be as smooth as possible.
A large part of that journey revolves around your accommodation. That experience has a long-lasting effect on your student life. You'll need to research and ask fellow students and alumni about a place before booking it.
As a student at DCU and an on-campus resident, I strongly recommend you apply for on-campus accommodation.
Here is why:
- You stay on campus, which implies that you get to be a part of the ongoing activities at all times. There is never room for missing out on events, parties, or gatherings because you are always close by.
- DCU provides its residents with many facilities, such as a gym with sauna and swimming provision, a laundry facility, Starbucks, and other cafes on campus.
- It is safe because you are practically staying in the University with Gardai around.
- You have friendly reception staff who can solve all your residential issues with just one email! They are agile in their responses.
- DCU residential staff always come up with engaging contests and giveaways to keep their residents happy https://www.instagram.com/dcureslife/
- You are not too far from the city and not too close. I would say it is perfect to enjoy the other side as well as pop into the city with a short 15 minute bus ride. Best of both worlds!
DCU provides several accommodation options, depending on whether you are an Undergraduate or Postgraduate student. Here are the options:
All student types can apply to stay on our Glasnevin Campus. The accommodation is a mixture of single and double en-suite and non en-suite rooms.
The accommodation is a mixture of single and double ensuite and nonensuite rooms. Current students (2nd, 3rd, 4th-year undergraduate), international students, and 9-month master students can apply to stay on our All Hallows Campus.
Incoming first-year-only students can apply to stay on the St Patrick’s Campus. The accommodation consists all single bedrooms located across four houses on the campus.
For more information, you can check the website: https://www.dcuaccommodation.ie/
So, what are you waiting for?
See you on campus!