Institute of Project Management
Why choose the Institute?
The Institute of Project Management was founded in 1989 and is the first Irish professional body organization dedicated to the promotion of the discipline throughout Ireland – with courses running in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Dundalk. It has spearheaded education, training and certification in Ireland and is highly respected on the international stage for its continuous engagement and contribution with the global project management community.
The Institute is the national association representative in Ireland for the IPMA® (International Project Management Association) – a global organization representing over 70 countries.
The Institute is Ireland’s premier certification authority and enjoys a reputation for excellence, expertise and international connectivity.
What are the benefits of studying project management?
Due to the speed of change and the fierce market competition, every organization – irrespective of industry – is required to adjust much faster today than in the past. To do so, organizations launch projects and expect them to deliver results.
Project managers are change agents: they make project goals their own and make things happen. They come from graduates across all disciplines and are found in every kind of organization -- as employees, managers, contractors and independent consultants.
Project management is a discipline increasing in demand worldwide.Today, senior executives and HR managers recognize project management as a strategic competence that is indispensable to business success. They know that skilled and credentialed practitioners are among their most valuable resources.
Benefits of being our student
The Institute offers an extensive range of courses and certifications to maximise your employability potential. These include:
- Special Purpose Awards at Level 8 & 9 on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications);
- Professional Diplomas from our internationally renowned Institute;
- IPMA® (International Project Management Association) professional body certification, recognised in over 70 countries;
- A competitive edge on your CV with certifications that will make you stand out in a crowded marketplace.
As the world has become increasingly projectized, organizations are continuing to rely on the peace of mind they get from hiring professionals who hold a widely recognized certification.The Institute has been successful in developing certifications that meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. Our credentials reflect the best thinking that pertains to project management knowledge, trends, and practices.
Our programmes offer trusted credentials that enable you to enhance your skills to stand out in a crowded marketplace and maximize your earning potential.
Designed for those individuals looking for a framework of best practices and techniques that will strengthen their core project management knowledge and also launch their professionally accredited career path.
Projects are essential building blocks in the strategic management of the enterprise. This course provides concepts and techniques that individuals and the enterprise need to use project & program management as a strategic framework to achieve the mission of the organization.
IPMA® Agile Certification
Ideal for individuals and enterprises who are looking to gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental concepts behind agile values, principles and practices that can be applied immediately to the working environment
Project Leadership Diploma
Project leaders are becoming ever more essential as organisations recognise that strategy is implemented through projects and programmes. The aim of this programme is to develop the key behaviour competencies of individuals to enable them to be effective project leaders.
Ideal for anyone preparing to sit the PMI® Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam. Our 4-day PMP® course gives you all the knowledge and tools needed to pass the PMP® certification Exam.
Designed to deliver basic project management concepts, tools and techniques needed to prepare for starting and completing a project successfully.
Application and Selection Process
- Select your course and apply at www.projectmanagement.ie, or send an email to email@example.com
- Application deadlines to our Diploma Programmes: Autumn and Spring offerings will close on the 31st September 2019 and 31st January 2020, respectively.
- Placement on Diploma Programmes 2019-2020 will be subject to verification of meeting the eligibility criteria. Applications may include submission of a personal statement with supporting documentation, and/or telephone interview.
- Successful graduates joining the Institute’s Diploma Programmes will begin their studies in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway or Dundalk in mid-October 2019/mid-February 2020
How to apply
The future is bright for the future of project management. We believe that it will become a core and mandatory requirement as society becomes more and more projectified.
Remember to mention gradireland when contacting institutions!