Accounting & Finance Management
A progressive master's course designed to prepare graduates for management careers in accounting and finance.
The MSc in Accounting and Finance Management provides advanced study of accounting and finance at postgraduate level, enabling learners to significantly extend their specialist knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices and enabling them to develop the skills needed for the increasingly complex global accounting and finance environment.
Why Study Accounting & Finance Management at Griffith College.
Our MSc in Accounting & Finance Management programme is available on either a full or part-time basis and aims to prepare graduates for careers in International Accounting and Finance Management.
- On completion of the taught programme, learners will gain up to nine exemptions from the ACCA foundation papers along with having the preparation to complete up to four professional ACCA examinations.
- Students will advance their functional management competencies in finance and accounting.
- Students will have the option to diversify their business knowledge through electives modules in leadership, digital business, managerial economics, etc.
- Students will gain the experience of working in culturally diverse teams across a multicultural environment promoting a greater understanding of different business settings and contexts.
- A flexible study model gives students the option of part-time study with the possibility of choosing their own elective modules.
- A highly practical learning approach taught by a Graduate Business School lecturing team with outstanding industry experience.
- Finalist for Excellence in Education from the Irish Accountancy Awards 2020.
Applicants normally must hold an approved honours degree in the field of accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary / professional institution.
English Language Proficiency
All applicants for whom English is not their native language must provide proof of English language proficiency to a standard of at least 6.5 in IELTS, 575 TOEFL or equivalent.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022. Please see here for further details.
Accreditation of Prior Learning and Prior Experience (APL/APEL)
The Graduate Business School welcomes applications from those with prior academic and/or professional learning experience which may be relevant to the MSc in Accounting and Finance Management programme. Applicants who wish for their prior academic and/ or professional learning experience to be considered are requested to indicate this at the time of application and we will be happy to examine all of the relevant documentation accordingly.
Strategic Performance Management
International Financial Reporting and Analysis
Advanced Audit and Assurance
Law and Corporate Governance
Strategic Financial Management
Business Consultancy and Analysis
International Tax Law
Leadership and Management Development
One year full-time, Two years part-time.
The part-time course will run subject to meeting sufficient numbers. The timetable will follow the following format:
Initial six weeks – three evenings per week, 6.30pm-9pm; online.
Following six weeks – three weekend workshops; on campus.
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Post Course Info
On completion of the Level, 9 MSc in Accounting & Finance Management students may progress onto a range of Level 10 Doctoral programmes on the National Qualifications Framework. The Postgraduate QQI validation means that your qualification is recognised not only in Ireland and Europe but throughout the world.
Through the MSc in Accounting and Finance Management, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong foundation of communication and presentation skills, and covered a diverse range of topics. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
Business Development Executive
Accounts Payable Accountant
Operational Risk Officer