Applied Language Centre - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages - TESOL
Graduate Taught (level 9 nfq, credits 60)
The Grad Dip TESOL is an internationally recognised qualification in the field of English language education.
- develops the professional competences essential to work in leadership positions within the field
- enables participants critically investigate aspects of own classroom practice in a supportive and developmental environment
- introduces participants to a wide range of academic and professional networks within the field of TESOL
- See our website for more information here: https://www.ucd.ie/alc/programmes/graduate/
-Apply a critical reflection to a range of language teaching, learning and assessment approaches and adopt theory into practice.
- Demonstrate an evidence based understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in TESOL.
- Develop confidence and competence in engaging in and networking with the professional community via conference presentations and workshops.
- Develop leadership competencies in teaching, curriculum design, assessment, management, teacher development or materials design.
- Foster a deeper understanding of the English language and the classroom implications of teaching applied language skills.
- Integrate a range of language teaching, learning and assessment technologies to enhance their students' learning experience.
MA TESOL FT
Applicants should hold a primary degree (at least 2nd class honours or equivalent, in any discipline), have an appropriate initial training qualification in TESOL, and have a minimum of one years' relevant teaching experience in Ireland or ?overseas. The number of places on the course is strictly limited and selection is based on written application and interview. Please note, in order to teach in Ireland after your course, your initial TESOL qualification should be accredited or recognised by ACELS.
Applicants, whose first language is not English, should have an overall band of 7.0 in IELTS (with a 7.0 in listening and writing components).
Stage 1 - Core
The English Language for TESOL LANG40590
The English Teaching Context LANG40600
TESOL: Principles and Practices LANG40610
SLA + TESOL pedagogy LANG40630
Stage 1 - Option
The TESOL Research Process LANG40620
Teaching Practice, Observation & Feedback LANG40640
Sociolinguistics for AL LING40290
1 year full-time.
GradDip TESOL (Z173) Full Time
EU fee per year - € 5980
nonEU fee per year - € 13270
***Fees are subject to change
Tuition fee information is available on the UCD Fees website.
Next Intake: 2020/2021 September
Post Course Info
Careers & Employability
Graduates of the programme aim to apply for senior positions within TESOL – posts of responsibility such as Academic Directors, teacher trainers, materials designers, examiners, senior teachers, course designers and beyond. The international field of TESOL continues to expand and there are exciting opportunities for graduates with advanced qualifications.