Artificial Intelligence for Business
The MSc in AI for Business contains modules that aim to provide learners with high level of AI knowledge, understanding the impacts of human factors and engagement in AI, and understanding the operationalisation and application of AI. The programme also includes a final supervised research project whose theme requires the formulation of a business strategy that could be applied in industry. Through the supervised projects, the learners will be able to perform independent research that puts them into a position to make informed and critical decisions regarding the use of AI technologies in a business context.
The course will be delivered using academic research, industry defined practical problems, and case studies and by faculty, industry practitioners, business strategists with proven expertise in AI and its applications in business. This approach will naturally provide a deeper knowledge of AI for business and create skills required in industry such as critical thinking, problem-solving, creative thinking, communication, teamwork and research skills.
Upon completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of the use of Artificial Intelligence in business contexts.
• Formulate, design, assess, and implement AI-enabled business strategies based on the latest industry practices and standards to enhance human potential and customer support.
• Select and employ advanced and emerging Artificial Intelligence techniques and tools to enhance business decision making.
• Synthesise and communicate the opportunity of Artificial Intelligence to enhance the business strategy to key stakeholders.
• Critically assess and evaluate ethical, sustainable, and responsible risks and impacts associated with Artificial Intelligence solutions in business contexts.
• Conduct independent research on the impact of Artificial Intelligence in a business context.
• Data Governance and Ethics
• Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
• Data Analytics for Business
• Risk and Change Management
• AI Technologies for Business
• Intelligent Agents and Process Automation
• Human Centred Artificial Intelligence
• Customer Engagement and Artificial Intelligence
• Emerging Artificial Intelligence Technologies and Sustainability
• Practicum or Internship
Applicants are required to hold a minimum of a Level 8 honours qualification (2.2 or higher) or equivalent on the National Qualifications Framework in either STEM (e.g., Information Management Systems, Information Technologies, Computer Science, Computer Engineer) or Business (e.g., Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Economics) discipline and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience in industry, ideally but not necessarily, in management.
Non-English-speaking applicants must demonstrate fluency in the English language as demonstrated by an IELTS academic score of at least 6.0 or equivalent.
This programme has a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy. Specifically, students are expected to successfully participate in lectures, laboratories and projects using a portable computer (laptop/notebook) with a substantial hardware configuration. The minimal suitable configuration is 8GB of RAM (16GB are recommended); a modern 64-bit x86 multi-core processor (Intel i5 or superior); 250+ GB of available space in hard disk; WiFi card; and a recent version of Ubuntu, macOS, or Windows.
It is the responsibility of each student to ensure their computer is functioning correctly and that they have full administrator rights. NCI IT cannot provide support for these personal devices.
Some students may be able to avail of the Student Laptop Loan Scheme, subject to eligibility.
2 years, 4 semesters with an Internship/Practicum
Blended - Livestream with some on-campus stream classes, scheduled in advance.
Two evenings per week,18.00 - 22.00 and every second Saturday.
1 year; 3 semesters with an Internship/Practicum
Delivery: Campus – Classes will take place face-to-face on campus.
Students need to be available 09.00 - 18.00 Monday to Friday. (Class days and times vary)
Start Date: September 2023.
Post Course Info
Award and Progression
The Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence for Business is awarded by QQI at level 9 on the National Framework of Qualifications. Students who successfully complete this course may progress to a major award at level 10 on the NFQ. Students may also elect to exit early with the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Artificial Intelligence for Business at level 9 on the NFQ. Potential recruiters include corporate companies and research labs who are the providers of AI-enabled solutions of today’s real-world problems such as Microsoft, Huawei, LinkedIn and Citi Bank.