At a glance
Post-financial crisis, financial services firms are exposed to significant conduct risk and it has become increasingly important that individuals in a client facing role understand the complex nature of products they manage and/or advise on. Additionally, managers/advisors must have complete knowledge of the fundamental principles underpinning investment products to mitigate clients' risks.
Who is it for
The Professional Certificate in Asset Management has been designed in response to Banking and Insurance industry needs to upskill managers/advisors, above and beyond the Minimum Competency Code requirements in the area of investment advice.
How you will benefit
• This programme has been designed for those satisfying the Minimum Competency Code (MCC) of the Financial Regulator who wish to progress their knowledge and skills in the specific area of investment and asset management to that of Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), the world's most widely respected financial planning designation.
• The programme integrates both theoretical and practical aspects of investment and asset management.
• It will provide a detailed examination of the theoretical and practical elements of investment assets, investment markets and market participants.
• It also provides the first stepping-stone to those considering taking the Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and the full CFP® designation.
Asset Management Professional Designation (AMP)
• The Professional Certificate in Asset Management is awarded by UCD, Ireland's premier university and among the top 1% of universities worldwide. This professional certificate is the sole programme in Ireland that satisfies the educational requirement for the IOB Asset Management Professional (AMP) designation.
• The AMP designation, underpinned by both UCD and IOB, is set to become the premier professional designation for those working in Asset Management administration in Ireland. It is exclusive to IOB members who have successfully completed the professional certificate.
Continuous Professional Development
If you hold an IOB designation or a designation managed by IOB, CPD hours may be awarded on successful completion of this programme.
Modules and learning outcomes
Asset Management - (NFQ level 9, 10 ECTS)
An understanding of robust financial planning and wealth management is an important pre-requisite for meeting customers' financial and lifestyle objectives. This module covers core concepts in modern portfolio theory and marries them with the practical application of tools and techniques to construct and manage client portfolios. It assimilates a range of theoretical and empirical evidence to provide the best solutions when advising customers on investment and wealth management.
The minimum entry requirements for the programme are:
• Relevant Honours business degree (H2.2 minimum);
• Equivalent relevant professional qualification (e.g.) Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA), with three years relevant work experience obtained in the banking or financial services industry, AITI Chartered Tax Advisers (CTAs), accountants, solicitors and barristers.
Professional body membership
You must be a member, or become a member of IOB or the Irish Tax Institute to undertake this programme.
Assessment is a combination of continuous assessment and written exams.
The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
Delivery is online.
The programme fee is €1,100.
Please contact the course provider for the next enrolment and start date.