Big Data Management & Analytics
Take the next step in your career and become an independent, critically minded big data specialist.
This specialist Level 9 MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics aims to equip students with the necessary skills and analytic mind-set to pursue a career in a dynamic data analytics industry.
Why Study Big Data at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics at Griffith College is a 1 year programme which aims to build upon students' knowledge of computing science and create big data specialists. Delivered on a full-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in Big Data Management and Analytics
- Understand the advantages of concurrent & parallel programming systems along with developing the skill to write concurrent and parallel programmes to solve real-world problems
- Gain a practical understanding of appropriate design and implementation strategies used in the development of Big Data solutions
- Develop the skills to implement an end-to-end Big Data storage system using the most current technology available
- Build on the foundations of analysis theories to explore the range of contemporary practices surrounding the ever-developing field of big data analysis
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of 35 graduates
- Emerging discipline with huge job opportunities
- Develop highly sought after skills
- Fully aligned with industry needs
- Access to innovative tools and technologies
- A dedicated experienced lecturing team
This programme contains eight taught modules and a final Dissertation / Dissertation by Practice. Four modules are taught per semester; so learners complete eight taught modules over two semesters and then complete a project over a period of twelve weeks. The overall programme is one calendar year long.
Learners who successfully complete eight taught modules and do not wish to submit their dissertation may decide to exit with an award of Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Management and Analytics (60 ECTS, level 9).
Big Data Analytics
Information Retrieval and Web Search
Concurrent and Parallel Programming
Big Data Management
Data Mining Algorithms and Techniques
Applied Data Science
Candidates applying for this course should have a 2.2 Level 8 honours degree in Computing Science, or a 2.2 Higher Diploma in Computing or related discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics please submit an online application
A member of our admissions team will then be in contact with you to request to following documents:
A copy of your undergraduate degree transcripts
A copy of your passport or driving licence
1 year full-time.
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Post Course Info
On completion of the Level 9 MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics, students may progress onto a range of Level 10 Doctoral programmes on the National Qualifications Framework. The Postgraduate QQI validation means that your qualification is recognised not only in Ireland and Europe but throughout the world.
Through the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics, you will have gained valuable professional experience, specialised in a key emerging field and developed many technical skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
Business Intelligence Analyst
Big Data Solutions Lead Engineer
Technical Product Manager
Big Data Architect
Data Analytics Consultant
Video Analytics and Data Scientist
Data Science Expert
Multimedia Systems Developer
IT Operations Manager