Big Data Management & Analytics
Take the next step in your career and become an independent, critically-minded big data specialist with this Level 9 Postgraduate Diploma.
Why Study Big Data at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Postgraduate Diploma in Big Data Management and Analytics at Griffith College is a 1-year programme, delivered on two evenings per week and Saturdays. Building upon students' knowledge of computing science with the aim to create big data specialists, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in Big Data Management and Analytics.
- Establish an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
- Gain a practical understanding of the appropriate design and implementation strategies used in the development of Big Data solutions.
- Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the area of Computing Science.
Emerging discipline with huge job opportunities
Develop highly sought-after skills
Fully aligned with industry needs
Access to innovative tools and technologies
A dedicated experienced lecturing team
This programme contains eight taught modules, four of which are delivered over each of the two semesters.
Big Data Analytics
Information Retrieval and Web Search
Concurrent and Parallel Programming
Big Data Management
Data Mining Algorithms and Techniques
Applied Data Science
Candidates applying for this course should have a 2.2 Level 8 honours degree in Computing Science, or a 2.2 Higher Diploma in Computing or related discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience. Those that have relevant work experience may be required to attend a virtual meeting with the Programme Director to establish suitability.
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Autumn and Spring.
*subject to sufficient numbers
2 semesters part-time.
Provisionally, the course will be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and during the day on Saturdays.
Post Course Info
Graduates of the Postgraduate Diploma in Science in Big Data Management and Analytics course have the option to continue their studies at Griffith College by progressing to the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics.