Business Administration - MBA - Marketing Stream
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Marketing.
This specialism empowers learners to evaluate the central role of marketing strategy for the growth and development of all organisations. Learners will be required to critically evaluate a range of theoretical marketing concepts and apply them to practical industry realities as they relate to the current business environment. The marketing stream looks to recruiting and retaining customer relationships, as well as increasing frequency of purchase, helping an organisation to sell their products or services in line with the overall strategy and mission of the organisation. The MBA marketing specialism graduate will be empowered to make creative marketing choices which impact on the growth in profitability of brands thus sustaining and increasing an organisations' market share by creating exchanges which satisfy individual and organisational objectives. The Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII) reviews the impact of marketing from both a macro and micro-economic basis and see the "significant contribution that marketing makes to national economies and individual businesses (Marketing Institute of Ireland, www.mii.ie).
Aims of the Programme
Graduates will be able to critically evaluate integrated marketing communications tools and techniques and apply digital technology support to marketing strategies. They will also be able to demonstrate critical awareness of innovations and trends within the field of marketing with a focus on sustainable marketing innovations.
Key Features of the Programme
This unique programme allows you to study the pure MBA, or choose a specialist route for your MBA award within the following programmes: HRM; Project Management; Finance; Information Systems; Cloud Computing or Marketing. This ensures students are afforded the widest choice of specialisms from which to choose. A practitioner focus is part of this programme, and industry-led workshops and guest lecturers keep information current and applied.
This MBA includes:
• Personal, academic and professional development.
• Lectures and assessment methods that apply the business knowledge required for students to perform as an effective manager in any organisation.
• Through, extensive study of key issues in business theories students will be capable of evaluation and application of important global management issues which impact on organisational effectiveness and performance.
• Knowledge and understanding of global business, most especially on issues such as globalisation, standardisation and customisation of products and services.
• Skills and knowledge to inform you how an organisation is best managed in a changing world.
With these in mind, the programme is designed to provide you with relevant knowledge, so that you are familiar with the latest theoretical and practical developments relating to business management and development.
The minimum entry requirements for the Master of Business Administration are:
• Level 8 primary undergraduate honours bachelor degree with a minimum Second Class Second Division classification (2.2) from a recognised third level institution in any discipline from a recognised third level institution (or equivalent); or
• An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA.
• For applicants whose first language is not English and who have not previously undertaken a degree taught through English, evidence must be provided of proficiency in English language equivalent to B2+ or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). This must be evidenced through a recognised English Language test such as IELTS, Cambridge Certificate, PTE or DBS English Assessment. Test certificates should be dated within the last two years to be considered valid.
• GMAT examination is a mandatory requirement for all applicants who do not hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) with a minimum of second class second division classification.
The programme is aimed at learners who wish to specialise in business administration with a view to entering industry in a high-level managerial role, to progress professionally or to undertake further business studies. Learners will achieve the business expertise to lead an organisation to strategic decision making ensuring a maximum return on investment across each department. Learners will be capable of dealing with diverse intrinsic and extrinsic business realities in a creative manner to ensure sustainability and growth.
Applicants who do not have a Level 8 qualification at a 2.2 award level and who have at least 3 years' work experience may also be considered through the college's normal RPL procedures. Relevant professional experience may be taken into account and individuals will be assessed on a case-by-case basis through DBS RPL procedures.
Continuous assessment is an integral part of many of our taught modules. The weightings attaching to coursework and other forms of continuous assessment vary from module to module to facilitate all learning styles. You will experience a variety of teaching and learning assessment methods including lectures, seminars, tutorials, case studies, group and individual projects, examinations and reports.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme has the following content in stages 1 & 2:
Global Issues for Management
Strategic Marketing Analysis
Managerial Financial Analysis
Research Methods 1
Applied Strategic Management
Dynamic Leadership Development
Research Methods 2
Integrated Marketing Communications
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 2 years
January intake: 12 months
Post Course Info
Upon completing the programme, graduates will have attained a critical awareness of business opportunities and challenges capable of devising appropriate strategies for ongoing professional development as well as a keen awareness of the requirements which ensure the sustainability and growth of the organisation. The programme is fundamentally rooted in creating an accomplished business postgraduate whose insights will inform strategic business decisions, from financial to people management, designed to increase productivity, profitability and an organisation's value and market share.
Graduates will have the business skills necessary to move into senior management roles and pursue a leadership career path. Graduates will acquire skills and competencies in dynamic leadership development and business acumen as well as business expertise and learn how to effectively integrate strategic decision-making in their organisation. The programme invites learners to critically appraise the impact of internationalisation and diversity on economic activities and aims to unpack complex theories and practices ensuring a self-reflective practice where learners consider social norms and a socially responsible approach to business administration. The programme captures the unpredictability and diversity of the business world and simulates this diversity, enabling learners to devise approaches both individually and as part of a team.
Overarchingly, the programme aims and objectives create a critical understanding of core business functions as well as strategic business management, while also enhancing the innovative capability and practical, transversal and practical skills of the learners, ensuring the success of graduates in the business environment.