Upon completion of the MSc in Business Analytics, students will have acquired industry-standard skills and in-depth knowledge to:
1. Understand and be able to use specific Information Technology (IT) which is used in developing business analytics;
2. Analyse and solve business problems using applied data analytics tools and techniques;
3. Understand and apply techniques for managing IT in organisations;
4. Identify, analyse and solve applied problems in individual and team-based settings;
5. Apply effective decision-making to global business problems.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Normally a Second Class Honours undergraduate degree, usually a Grade 1, or a H2.1 in the Higher Diploma in Business Studies, is required (or equivalent international qualification). IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent, if applicable. The qualification must include an element of quantitative techniques, for example, graduates of Business Studies, Engineering, Computer Science, other Sciences, Mathematics or other courses that have some quantitative content.
WHEN TO APPLY:
NUI Galway does not set a deadline for receipt of applications (with some exceptions). Offers will be issued on a continuous basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
1 year, full-time.
Post Course Info
The Expert Group on Future Skills Needs in Ireland expects that in the next seven years between 4,000 and 17,000 additional jobs in business analytics will be created in Ireland. This programme has been designed to meet the growing demand for graduates with business analytics capabilities identified by the Expert Group on Future Skills Needs in Ireland. Graduates of the programme have secured employment with EY, SAP, IBM, Fidelity Investments, Permanent TSB, Johnson & Johnson, Bank of America, Ericsson, Deloitte, ESB, First Derivatives, Eir, Wayfair, PwC, Bank of Ireland, Scotiabank, Fidelity Investments, Microsoft, TATA, RSA Insurance, Auto1, Amundi, and Anam Technologies.