Cellular Manufacturing & Therapy
This programme is uniquely positioned at NUI Galway to draw on existing expertise in science education, biomedical research, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), grade cellular manufacturing, and clinical translation of advanced therapeutics to educate future leaders in these emerging technologies.
With the support and expertise located within the Centre for Cell Manufacturing Ireland (CCMI), the Clinical Research Facility, the Translational Research Facility, the Regenerative Medicine Institute and the Galway Blood and Tissue Establishment, our students will have access to an internationally competitive MSc programme in Cellular Manufacturing and Therapy.
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. Lecture-based and hands-on instruction in GMP, grade cell manufacturing, key advancing technologies and the regulatory process.
2. Modules in the therapeutic application of mesenchymal stromal cells, immune-therapy and induced pluripotent stem cells as the future of ATMPs.
3. Tutoring from experts in the CCMI, professors coordinating international clinical trials and scientists actively researching the application of cells as biotherapeutics.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Students must have completed either:
• An undergraduate degree in medicine, pharmacy, manufacturing, biology or engineering; or
• An equivalent biomedical science related undergraduate degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours. Students who have a degree without honours in a related area and have more than three years of practical experience in the subject area will also be considered for this programme.
Students with English as a second language, will need to adhere to NUI Galway guidelines regarding IELTS scores.
WHEN TO APPLY: University of Galway does not set a deadline for receipt of applications (with some exceptions). Offers will be issued on a continuous basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. See page 312 for full details of when and how to apply.
1 year, full-time; 2 years, part-time.
Post Course Info
Graduates will be well positioned for careers in advanced medicinal therapy development and manufacturing, biotechnology and biopharmaceutical manufacturing in academic, regulatory or industrial settings.