The courses are delivered mostly by distance learning, with some face-to-face workshops in Galway as follows:
• PDip: eight days (two consecutive weekdays in September and six Saturdays between October and June).
• Master's: ten days (two consecutive weekdays in each of September, October, November, February and April).
3 GOOD REASONS TO STUDY THIS COURSE
1. These courses help you create new pedagogical approaches and improve the clinical education experience for learners.
2. Flexible learning: The combination of distance learning and face-to-face workshops allows you to engage in learning at a time and place that suits your lifestyle.
3. The course is recognised for continuing professional development and education by healthcare professions' colleges and regulatory organisations.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Applicants must be registered healthcare professionals with at least two years' post-registration experience and be actively involved in clinical education. General computer literacy is essential as parts of the programme are delivered via distance learning. In addition, for the Master's, at least 60% in the PDip in Clinical Education or equivalent is required. Selection is based on ability/opportunity to apply learning to your daily work, relevant experience and academic record.
WHEN TO APPLY: University of Galway does not set a deadline for receipt of applications (with some exceptions). Offers will be issued on a continuous basis.
COURSE INSTANCE(S): Master's:
1CED1; PDip, 1 year, 1CED9; PDip 2 years; CPDM4, 1CED10; stand alone modules.
DURATION: 1 year, full-time (Master's/PDip); 2 years, part-time (PDip); 6 weeks (stand-alone module). All are suitable for those in full-time employment (including courses described as full-time).
2020–21 academic year
Post Course Info
Our clinical education focus leads to major changes in your ability to facilitate the learning and development of your students in clinical settings. You will know more about how learners learn, how to create safe and effective learning environments, how to assess learners and how to support their professional development.