At a glance
The MSc in Compliance is designed to give Compliance and other control professionals the knowledge and skills they need to implement effective compliance structures and enhance the overall internal governance structures of organisations.
This programme will provide participants with the multi-disciplinary skills to participate more effectively in compliance management and to understand a practical application of compliance best practice.
It is ideal for those who work in a control function within a financial services organisation and will be of particular interest to Compliance managers and senior managers together with those aspiring to these roles.
To hear more about the programme, please view our the programme outline and discussion recorded at our recent programme taster event.
How you will benefit
This programme will support your personal and professional development. It will;
• Provide you with the opportunity to develop comprehensive knowledge and expertise across a broad curriculum in Compliance and regulatory risk
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of ensuring robust compliance within financial services firms, while maintaining the trust of customers and wider stakeholders
• Develop your thinking on key business challenges and ethical dilemmas faced by management when striving to improve business performance in regulated environments
• Advance your ability to blend theory and practice in complex and specific situations to improve business performance
• Enhance your business judgement, critical analysis and problem solving skills.
Continuous Professional Development
If you hold an IOB designation or a designation managed by IOB, CPD hours may be awarded on successful completion of this programme.
• Ethics and Corporate Governance
• Managing for Compliance
• Financial/White Collar Crime Prevention
• Data Protection Policies and Procedures
• International Financial Services Regulation
• Designing an Internal Governance Framework
• Research Methods and Methodology
• Applied Project
• Students admitted to the MSc in Compliance must have completed an undergraduate degree programme in a relevant area in a business, legal or cognate discipline with a minimum Honours 2.2 and at least 3 years' relevant work experience.
• Applicants who do not hold a primary degree but have relevant work experience at a middle or senior management level are eligible to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You must be a current member of The Compliance Institute, or become a member, to undertake this programme.
Closing date Wed 23rd January 2019.
Assessment is a combination of continuous assessment and written exams. The pass mark is 40% in all modules in line with UCD academic policy.
The fees are €5,100 for the first academic year (€12,200 for the programme in total).
This programme has IFS Skillnet funding available for certain companies. You should check if your company has IFS Skillnet approval.IFS Skillnet price is €3,600 for the first academic year (€8,900 for the programme in total). Note: students without IFS Skillnet funding should apply using the Enrol Now button above.
Please contact the course provider for the next enrolment and start date.