Take the next step in your career and become a computing and IT specialist.
This specialist Level 9 MSc in Computing aims to equip students with the necessary skills to pursue an active and leading role in a dynamic, evolving industry.
Why Study Computing at Griffith College?
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the MSc in Computing at Griffith College is a 1-year programme which aims to give students an insight into the world of academic and industrial computing research. Delivered on a full-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Obtain specialist knowledge and skills essential for a career in computing or IT.
- Learn about mobile app development, but also how the current hardware can be used, i.e. learn how to use the built-in sensors; linking of devices, i.e. smartwatches, etc.; integration of mobile with the web and cloud
- Gain a practical understanding of how to research and master technical issues, analyse and present your findings coherently, and document your work in a professional manner.
- Explore the theories of cyber & information security with the practical aspects of secure programming.
- Build upon your knowledge of supporting topics in the many disciplines of computing.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment record from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017
Finish early with Postgraduate Diploma
Small class sizes
Access to state of the art facilities
A dedicated experienced lecturing Team
Industry guest speakers
Computer Networks & Internetworking
Information Retrieval and Web Search
Agile Software Development
Cloud Platforms & Applications
Parallel & Distributed Programming
Dissertation/Dissertation by Practice
Candidates applying for this course should have a 2.2 Level 8 honours degree in Computing Science, or a 2.2 Higher Diploma in Computing or related discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
How to Apply
To apply for the Master of Science in Computing please submit an online application.
A member of our admissions team will then be in contact with you to request to following documents:
- A copy of your undergraduate degree transcripts
- A copy of your passport or driving licence?
In response to the worldwide closure of English Language Test Centres arising from the Covid-19 pandemic, Griffith College is now accepting the online Duolingo English Test (DET) as valid proof of English proficiency. This is a temporary measure for our intakes up to and including February 2022.
1 year full-time.
We run 2 intakes for this course commencing in Spring and Autumn.
*subject to sufficient numbers.
Post Course Info
On completion of the Level 9 MSc in Computing, students may progress onto a range of Level 10 Doctoral programmes on the National Qualifications Framework. The Postgraduate QQI validation means that your qualification is recognised not only in Ireland and Europe but throughout the world.
Through the MSc in Computing you will have gained valuable professional experience, specialised in a key emerging field and developed many technical skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
Technical Applications Developers
Head of Data Science
IT Operations Manager